(Found+Updates)Lf Dog/cat

Baos

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here in leduc we have a lovely fully fenced 40 acre dog park, over by the rec centre. i have a pitty and a husky cross that NEED a good run daily to not be destructive and bored. i can't do the running with them, but the walk around the perimeter of the park takes 20 mins and the dogs literally run like crazy and play and chase for that whole time. it is necessary and wonderful for them and as well for me.

Meet our new dogs. 2 boys. Tanker and Spike

doggy.jpg

he was already named Tanker when we got him, hopefully there is room for two in Leduc =)

I tried the different spca and whatnot online. I didn't get many replies to e-mail. And with my disorder using the phone is rather difficult. We eventually bought these two off kijiji. A farmer had a litter. Younger than I would have hoped but they are close to being house trained. Very smart dog.

being as they are farm dogs, i'd be making sure they've had some vaccinations already. if not, i'd be getting them in to the vet as soon as possible to make sure they are protected from all the nasty viruses and such that can hit hard and fast. i know this from experience, having a farm puppy back in my teens, leaving for school one day with a perfectly healthy pup at home and coming back to find him near death due to parvo virus and if we hadn't got him to the vet as quick as we did we would have lost him.

Congrats on your new four legged family family members! :thumbs:

They are adorable and will for sure keep you on the move!!!

As for farm dogs getting all sorts of virus'... we have lived on our farm for 9 years never had a problem with parvo nor have our dogs ever been sick. Right now I have a dog with a broken toe but no illness. City kennels can have this misfortune happen to them too.

Regardless of where the pups came from they should be given their first booster at 6 wks and again at 12 wks then they are good for a year. Also ensure they are wormed annually.

Enjoy their baby breath and kisses!

Actually I came back on here to say someone posted some main coons cheap today...LMAO...always thinking of my friends :smokey:

• 1 year later...

I love heelers! :) We have one now that is 6 years old. My best friend and a very loyal companion. Enjoy their smarts, hopefully yours will not come up with all the fun games mine did as a pup. I think the only one that he got in big trouble for was "steal the beer" They are always good for a laugh!