How many tanks before we become odd.

Nyxis

3 is just getting started. I got 3 tanks in one guest room alone. Whenever any friends spend the night the always comment on the show they can watch from the bed. Most ppl enjoy it but think its weird. I could have worse habits than fish collecting.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just tell my mother that since I started keeping fish I don't have to do drugs, she thinks I'm joking! I am!04.gif

I prefer to go the volume route as opposed to high numbers, one more tank and my wife will kill me! So at least I know where the line is for me....

Sometimes when people I know overhear me talking about my fish they always say, "You must have a pretty big tank at home?" I say, "Well, I have one tank that most people think is huge, but I actually had to downsize when we moved - it's only 110gal. Then I have another tank downstairs that most people think is big, but I think it's kinda small - it's only 66gal. And I have 3 other tanks that a lot of people think is a pretty good size, but they're really quite small - they're 33 gal. And I have a few more smaller than that - 9 in all."

That's when the look at me with a raised eyebrow and say, "Man, you're weird!" :P

7 is the actual number, the 180 source aquatics built me is ready. I just have to go pick it up! The 90 is getting sold, wifes rules,when the 180 is ready to accept fish that is.

15 tanks in a one bedroom apartment isn't "odd". It's when you add in the 50 or more betta jars and the aquatic moss garden, it does become a little strange but I do belong to support groups that "enable" me!!

The line between obsession and passion is what we really should be looking at. When the number of tanks or the size of tanks become inhibitive towards your health or lifestyle aka tripping on tanks or tank power is more important than fridge or stove power. That is really were we should draw the line. I agree with a tank in every room that you spend some time in. I have 3 in my bedroom, 3 in my livingroom/kitchen and 1 in my back/hobby room. The sound of the water and the fish movement is really enjoyable and i like to enjoy it in every room i'm in so there really is no way to draw the line at the number of tanks or the size. If the amount of tanks becomes overwhelming to take care of then it's time to reduce the number or if the space they take up is encroaching on your living space.

Just my thoughts on it. My mom however disagrees. My 80 gallon by itself is almost too much for her. Pah I say.

L

Is it weird when you are looking for tanks before you get a new house? I saw a 500 gallon for $500 and was thinking about where I could keep it until my family moves out. Or how about draging 65 tank and one pond across the county?

Ok I might be a little crazy :ph43r: :bang1: -roll-

Everytime I go house shopping, I always look at where I can put my larger display tanks, and make sure there will be somewhere to build/set up a fishroom. It's a must in my homes!

i work in property management and as such i cruise the rental ads to keep an eye on the competition. When i look at photos of vacancies i say to myself "oooh, a tank would look great on that wall", or "dang it, that room has nowhere to put a tank", or "hmmm, how far from the sink to where that tank could go.....?". lol.

Well I know I have 4 and so far, I don't feel odd. Although i'd bet my husbands opinion would differ severely LOL

Secretly I'm dreaming to have an aquarium in my bedroom's wall. I think it'll be so cool & romantic ;) ...but I don't dare to tell this to my hubby LOL.

He's already said NO when I asked to get a 2nd tank. Although I get a feeling that he won't have a problem if I get a 2nd tank...with the fish in it :)