33 gallon tank!

Wackinator

Hey guys, I haven't really posted here lately but that's because I haven't really done anything lately.

At the moment the only real tank I have is another 33 with some F2 electric yellows, rustys, and bumblebee catfish.

I had bought another 33 gallon which I had planned to set up months ago but literally days after getting it, I had to overstock it with fish everyone here had donated for the flood relief. Thankfully most of those fish have been sold, the ones that are left will be put on the auction so keep an eye out for them!

Now that the tank is empty I decided to set it up today, really scared that the table its on might not hold it but the person that sold it to me didnt gimme the stand >.> sorta my fault, should have confirmed that the stand in the pic was also included, but oh well filled the tank 80% today so heres hoping I don't flood the room! Another reason to worry is that the tank is apparently not on an even surface, the water is 0.3" higher on one side of the tank than the other! is that dangerous?

I have posted the pics of the progression so far but photography was never one of my talents and will start to cycle it tomorrow, still need to figure out which filters I am using for this tank and also need to find a heater, have had a lot of unexpected expenses lately so keeping an eye out for one cheap.

Main question is about the table, if you guys think its too weak or what? Its held a 20 gallon and a 10 gallon on it before but I am really worried about this tank.

Then I am thinking of what to put in it, I have a stock list I really really like but willing to make changes if it won't work out.

Main fish for this tank would be 2-4 juvenile Angels, if I am lucky enough to get a pair later on then the others will be moved.

a trio of swordtails and a school of around 10 cories.

Is that a reasonable stock in means of aggression?

Thanks guys!

100E3108.jpg

100E3109.jpg

100E3104.jpg

100E3105.jpg

100E3122.jpg

100E3123.jpg

100E3124.jpg

100E3126.jpg

Edited by Wackinator

You'll have a good couple weeks of the dresser sagging before it actually breaks! :) Lots of time to find a different piece of furniture. ;)

lol thanks for the warning Jason, and I hope there is no sagging nor breaking as I am really starting to like the tank in my room, right now its the only one in my room apart from a 3 gallon shrimp tank and I know I won't be getting any more tanks for a long time.

Good luck having tanks in your room in the summer! I used to have my 25Gal and 2 10Gal in my room, I could sleep with the noise but it was extremely humid and musty! Now they are in the basement and are evaporating like crazy lol.

Lol I have always had tanks in my room, so I don't mind it, its also not noticeable in my room as my room is the coldest room in the house, my basement on the other hand is where my other 33 gallon and 26 gallon are along with my rabbit.

That room can get really humid I leave a window open in the summer and sometimes they give me real evaporation problems.

Fishroom with a fan like in the bathroom - if you can, hook the fan switch up to an humidity meter, so your fishroom is never more than 60% (or whatever # you like).