I'm so excited!!!

fishclubgirl

So I had started a game with my fish,"who'll spawn next???" Have set up 4 betta breeding tanks(2 wilds, 2 regulars), cory breeding tank and a grow out tank with a pair of longfin silvertip BNs. Also have 2 mated pairs of angels who breed in the community tanks as well as an assortment of livebearers too. My money was on one pair of angels who had picked a leaf and cleaned it much better than I could. So I'm looking in the pleco tank(that I'd set up a cave) and there's a bunch of eggs behind the slate. So exciting!!! They're in with a bunch of baby angels, platies, guppies and mollies so it's like a fry community tank. Can't wait to see them hatch!!!

Dad's still taking care of the eggs and can't wait until they hatch. Both parents are longfins so as assuming all the "kids" will be??

• 4 weeks later...

Update...

So leaving the eggs in there was probably not a good idea and I thought I'd lost them all. Then tonight, I see one little guy. So to paraphrase a certain commercial, cost of fish plus shipping, trip to San Francisco to pick them up, food for 2 years to grow them out, electrical to run heaters, lights, filters, etc. Seeing the first little guy; PRICELESS!!