Angels Breeding

Morphine

So all this time watching ym angels swim around pushing another angel away I've finally proved to myself what I was seeing was right. These 3 angels for the past 3 months have been pairing off and I was begining to think they weren't and I was making things up in my head. Today finally I see that they have spit out eggs on my amazon sword woohoo. This after a 2 day no light period because I was seen a little more algae then I wanted which isn't much. It couldn't have been took long maybe acouple hours ago as the male was still fertilizing the eggs! Hmmm now to convince my girlfriend to let me get another tank for my breeding angels... not likely.

Anyways they are in a community tank atm with Cardinals BN's Cories, 2 yoyo's I don't much suspect many to reach the swimming stage. I'm just hoping they don't tune up any of my other fish!

I'll try to keep you guys posted, but I don't suspect too much.

Domestic Angels typically take a few times to realize that THEY are the parents. I had a couple pair off in a tank with few other fish, and they ate the spawn the next day. Now they're in their own tank and still have eaten their spawn the last 2 times. I'm thinking of setting things up so they'll spawn on a piece of tile or slate so I can hatch the eggs artificially.

Totally my cichilds took 3 times to get things right, I'm not too worried about the first couple times see how it goes and what it amounts to. The eggs are fertilized so only time will tell I guess I checked them this morning and they are still there and they are guarding.

• 4 weeks later...

I've had marble Koi turn into hells angelson their first spawn and wild caught that never did get it right. Also a wild male and a black female that caught on on their second spawn. It's all a matter of instinct I would guess.

I have an almost black marble and a gold that eat their spawn every time - it's been 6 times so far.

"And why were you late to the company xmas party?" asks the boss. "Oh, because my angelfish were spawning and I'd had to wait to pull the eggs. I haven't had a spawn from this pair in about a year." replies the fishclubgirl. Bet he'd never heard that excuse before!!!