Finally! Some action!

fatpuffer

Thanks folks. Yes this is my BGJD. I am breeding the daughter back to the father. I know what y'all going to say...but the research and articles RD forwarded to me was enough for me to go for it.

Jonah

just wondering if anyone has tried EBJD with severums,blood parrots,geophagus or blue acara with any success?

Why would you want to breed ebjd with them? is it for the colour? I don't think the colour would transfer as it is a recessive trait. Basically it would be just like breeding a regular JD with those fish until you get the blue gene carriers. Don't really know much about it.

Jonah

I think they are too far apart species-wise for cross breeding anyways, I have yet to see such a cross, otherwise i think JD's in general (including EB's) would make for some awesome gene contributions to flowerhorns and such. Good luck with the fry Jonah, no judgement here...I started on this forum openly talking about flowerhorns when many others wouldnt, now it seems for the most part to not be such a taboo keep it out of AA subject....and yes that info from RD is good.......good luck!

Separated some wigglers from parents. I will see if I can raise them in a smaller tank. I will probably feed with powdered NLS and BBS (when they are bigger). I heard that it will be tough to grow them out. Unfortunately, I will be gone for about 3 weeks in December. It will be survival of the fittest at that point.

Jonah