Site Cleanup

The owner of this site did not start it to make money. If you want to run a site to pad your pockets, you're free to.

This is more of a community for line-minded people, who like to play nice together. Those who don't want to play nice get to play elsewhere.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Open your minds people. My ideas are not about me making money, they are about improving this site and bring new people here and into the hobby. This hobby is falling apart, what was once the worlds second most popular hobby is now becoming obscure. The rate of children getting into the hobby is terribly low. If I owned this site I would not put a single penny from it into my pocket. This site would be managed as a business, staff would be paid real money, promotions would happen every week, memorabilia would be made, the site would be advertised the all over the world, we would pay professional advanced aquarists to write articles for us and post here and so on!

I wasn't saying you aren't playing nice. We'll discuss your ideas, but I'm not sure that the current mod/admin share your ambition.

If you want a worldwide reach, I'd recommend a different site name than AlbertaAquatica. Have you looked at global sites like Planet Catfish or Monster Fishkeepers or Chichlid-forum? There are quite a few more. Check them out.

yes I have, but I want it right here in Alberta. I want the hobby to come alive here! Alberta is a world wide recognized place, for good and for bad. The reach of those sites you mentioned can be duplicated here within 5 years which will open up Alberta as a recognized aquarium place to be and this site could be the draw.

yes I have, but I want it right here in Alberta. I want the hobby to come alive here! Alberta is a world wide recognized place, for good and for bad. The reach of those sites you mentioned can be duplicated here within 5 years which will open up Alberta as a recognized aquarium place to be and this site could be the draw.

You're more than welcome to start your own site. Posting a comment where you are looking for the asking price of this site infers that you have the cash resources available to start one of your own, and obviously you have shown the interest to do so as well. Plus, you've inferred that things here aren't running to your tastes.

Therefore.....why NOT start a forum of your own? :)

You're more than welcome to start your own site. Posting a comment where you are looking for the asking price of this site infers that you have the cash resources available to start one of your own, and obviously you have shown the interest to do so as well. Plus, you've inferred that things here aren't running to your tastes.

Therefore.....why NOT start a forum of your own? :)

Mod of War, intersting term, what does it refer to? Nazi fish keeping techniques?

Mod of War, intersting term, what does it refer to? Nazi fish keeping techniques?

Excuse me?

Mod Of War, on your Avatar? What does it mean? You are a mod on this site and in big bold letters you advertise that you are the MOD OF WAR!! Do you battle fish questions like a Nazi commander? You know, are you a military leader, like a fascist or communist commander? What's the deal?

I'm more than a little confused as to why you'd assume it would mean that I am anything associated with the terms fascist, communist, or Nazi.

I told you why. Military leaders dress in military garb. Your avatar, as a mod, is one of a warrior. MOD OF WAR!! We live in a democracy, Canada, Alberta. None of our leaders dress in war clothing. We go into public business and none of the staff wear military clothing and carry weapons and have signs on that they are STAFF OF WAR!! or POLITICAL LEADER OF WAR!! Infact, our grand parents fought and died to stop leaders and people like that. Nazi Germany was like that, China, Russia, Cuba, Libya.

In Canada we are not ruled by military dictators and our businesses are not run that way either. Your avatar gives me the impression that when you're on the job here, that is how you run things. It makes me uncomfortable and pushes me away. It goes against everything that is Canada.

Edited by Evolution

I never started this thread so it can turn into a banter. I started it to maybe update certain things and give some sort or suggestion.

I tried that too, but I was pushed away. Were any of your suggestion looked into? Were up dates made? When did you start this thread?

Edited by Evolution

I told you why. Military leaders dress in military garb. Your avatar, as a mod, is one of a warrior. MOD OF WAR!! We live in a democracy, Canada, Alberta. None of our leaders dress in war clothing. We go into public business and none of the staff wear military clothing and carry weapons and have signs on that they are STAFF OF WAR!! or POLITICAL LEADER OF WAR!! Infact, our grand parents fought and died to stop leaders and people like that. Nazi Germany was like that, China, Russia, Cuba, Libya.

In Canada we are not ruled by military dictators and our businesses are not run that way either. Your avatar gives me the impression that when you're on the job here, that is how you run things. It makes me uncomfortable and pushes me away. It goes against everything that is Canada.

You're inferring that all of our armed forces are of the same mindset as Nazi's, Communists, or Fascists? Ok, that's your choice.....you're not the first person I've met who doesn't support our armed forces. Free country, you can have your opinions. However, be warned....that's highly precocious to assume that about anyone without knowing them, and simply from a picture with a little title on it.

Now to answer my question, why do you not just go off and start your own website? You sound like you have lots of ideas and spirit.

You're inferring that all of our armed forces are of the same mindset as Nazi's, Communists, or Fascists? Ok, that's your choice.....you're not the first person I've met who doesn't support our armed forces. Free country, you can have your opinions. However, be warned....that's highly precocious to assume that about anyone without knowing them, and simply from a picture with a little title on it.

Now to answer my question, why do you not just go off and start your own website? You sound like you have lots of ideas and spirit.

I didn't say anything about our armed forces. I refered to political leaders and business staff in a democratic society. MOD OF WAR doesn't sound democratic at all. Mod of Defence, that makes sense.

I want to purchase an existing site, this site.

Edited by Evolution