blood parrot breeders

FISHLIPS

I have to say that our blood parrots are our favorites!!!

I have read many people have ethical issues on these fish and I agree with those who appose the fish being injected with dye to create some strange color.I bought my tank with these fish in it and can't imagine being without them now.....they are an absolute blast to watch!!!! They are always hungry and eager to follow you from one end of tank to another wagging their tails in absolute excitement.They all have very different personalities and most are very friendly.At feeding time the water is flyin,not to mention they will eat just about anything,in summer they go nuts for any bugs,worms or spiders ,I've fed them multiple pellets,flakes,frozen and they love them all...especially microwaved,shelled and chopped peas. All in all i'm very happy to have these fish and will never go without!!!

My questions are ,does anyone really know how they are bred?

who breeds them?

what species are cross bred?....have read several possibilities

Edited by FISHLIPS

no one really knows except the breeders, several people have ideas. Apparently the original creator insists they are not a hybrid , but instead a variant of red devil. Im glad you like them, I like them too, as long as they are healthy and happy and not mutalated (some people cut their tales off to make them heart shaped) or dyed as you mentioned I see no problem with them, great personality, you should post some pics

cheers

no one really knows except the breeders, several people have ideas. Apparently the original creator insists they are not a hybrid , but instead a variant of red devil. Im glad you like them, I like them too, as long as they are healthy and happy and not mutalated (some people cut their tales off to make them heart shaped) or dyed as you mentioned I see no problem with them, great personality, you should post some pics

cheers

pics .....if i knew how?

my camera won't download

I know of a few people who've successfully spawned Blood Parrots with viable offspring, which doesn't happen often with hybrids - usually hybrid eggs don't hatch.