Coralife T5 Light Fixtures

Blue Ram

Is anyone else fed up with these light fixtures blowing the ballasts? Two fixtures - 1 36" and 1 48" both blew recently. These are the very slim black T5 fixtures that hold 2 normal T5 output bulbs. The fixtures are not overly expensive but when you also lose new bulbs because of the ballasts that really ticks me off. Can the ballasts be fixed? What other options are there? I have two Hagen T5HO lights that I like but wondering what else is out there. Want to stay away from the power compact because of the cost of replacing the bulbs.

Edited by Blue Ram

Dang, sorry to hear. I was actually considering purchasing one of these but now I wont.

I have used the aquatic life t5ho fixtures with great success, but they are really expensive. I wanted a little more light but I didn't want to have to purchase another one for $160 so I considered getting the coralife one.

Have you had better luck with the HAGEN GLO T5 HO fixtures?

I have had two 48 inch Coralife fixtures blow ballasts in the past. I switched to the Hagen GLO T5 HO about 3 years ago and have had no problems with it at all. It also gives more light than the Coralife fixtures. IMO it is well worth the extra cost.

I went through three of the Coralife T5 thin fixtures. I still have the last one sitting in the furnace room. They are junk and if Coralife was a reputable company they should have done a recall as they produced a faulty product. I will never buy a coralife product again.