New Section And Possibly New Rule

Make a new section and call it say.... Foods and Nutrition and then all discussions (read arguments) can go in one location. Also, make it a rule that any hijacking of threads whether it's by unnecessary comments in the buy/sell section or taking a photo thread and turning it into an argument (I can't in any stretch of the imagination call it a discussion) be against the rules and stop all the bad vibes. While your at it... maybe make another rule that any PERSONAL verbal attack on another member be punished by a suspension of site privileges and enforce it (no matter the status or position of the offending person).

I've seen the same discussion/name calling take over any number of threads in the last few years with the same arguments brought up. If these were put into it's own section, maybe then the pros and cons of different foods could be discussed in an intelligent manner and a reader could look at the different viewpoints and form their own opinion as to what is best for their fish. Personally, I fed my fish mainly NLS, but, if someone else figures beefheart is best, then more power to them. I have also found studies that suggest that beefheart might have some benefits, so an intelligent discussion of the facts in the proper place might help more people.

just my 3 cents.

Another idea?? Why don't you split up your sponsor section into the commercial sellers and the clubs?? CAS has some exciting stuff coming up and I'd like to spread the news but also want to see Aquarium Illusions succeed too!!

Another idea?? Why don't you split up your sponsor section into the commercial sellers and the clubs?? CAS has some exciting stuff coming up and I'd like to spread the news but also want to see Aquarium Illusions succeed too!!

Each store and club does have its own subforum, under the "sponsors section". So posting in one subforum doens't affect threads in other forums. So posting in the CAS section has no affects on the other sponsors, it doesn't bump them down the list or anything.

Hey mods,

When it comes to suspensions, why not "3 strikes and they're out" permanently??

We have already lost waaay to many hobbiests due to suspensions...

Maybe, it's more important to worry about the hobbyists that either quit posting or quit the site altogether, than the few that happen to be suspended as a result of their actions.

Hey mods,

Maybe, it's more important to worry about the hobbyists that either quit posting or quit the site altogether, than the few that happen to be suspended as a result of their actions.

I agree with willie. Also, I think its safe to say that most if not all people posting on here are at least or over 15 years old, and with that (actually even younger) there is no reason for people to be rude to others on here, which I have experienced first hand more times than I can count on both hands on this site. It certainly would have been easy as a newbie to turn away from the hobby or at least this site based on what I experienced from a lot of people, Its beyond me why anyone would even be so childish and not talk like mature adults, especially in such great numbers, perhaps its largely a result of the 'easy to be a bully behind a computer screen safely hidden in your home" syndrom, Im thankful I stuck with it despite this, and even had those same rude people come back wanting things from me that they couldnt get their hands on themselves,asking for advice etc. kind of funny how things go.

Anyways my point is if you are old and smart enough to type on a computer and figure out a forum, then you are old enough to have some general good manners,and I dont believe there should be any tolerance for anything less than that, disagreements happen of course, but if you cant be a decent human and discuss things in a mature way than we are better off without them anyways.

Hey mods,

I agree with willie. Also, I think its safe to say that most if not all people posting on here are at least or over 15 years old, and with that (actually even younger) there is no reason for people to be rude to others on here, which I have experienced first hand more times than I can count on both hands on this site. It certainly would have been easy as a newbie to turn away from the hobby or at least this site based on what I experienced from a lot of people, Its beyond me why anyone would even be so childish and not talk like mature adults, especially in such great numbers, perhaps its largely a result of the 'easy to be a bully behind a computer screen safely hidden in your home" syndrom, Im thankful I stuck with it despite this, and even had those same rude people come back wanting things from me that they couldnt get their hands on themselves,asking for advice etc. kind of funny how things go.

Anyways my point is if you are old and smart enough to type on a computer and figure out a forum, then you are old enough to have some general good manners,and I dont believe there should be any tolerance for anything less than that, disagreements happen of course, but if you cant be a decent human and discuss things in a mature way than we are better off without them anyways.

I agree with your coments!