75 Gallon Rimless, Auto Doser, Closed Loops, Co2, Etc

Nicklfire

Hey All,

I have posted my journal on ABAQUARIA and BCAQUARIA so i thought it was time i posted it here.

Basically i have a 75 gallon aquarium but it's a pretty good setup :(

It's running a Closed loop system (so that means all the hardware is below the tank and bulkheads installed on bottom of tank).

Hardware and such

- Bulkhead inlet goes into a RENA xp3 filter and goes back through the bulkhead

- On the other side of the tank i have the inlet going into a aquamedia 1000 reactor which is what the pressurized co2 goes into, which then goes into a external pump, which then goes into a UV sterilizer, which then goes into a Hydor heater)

- 3 pump auto doser pump (for fertz)

- 54 w x 4 t5 lighting

-10 lb co2

-7 bags of florabse substrate

SDC14326.jpg

SDC14327.jpg

SDC14328.jpg

SDC14329.jpg

SDC14331.jpg

SDC14332.jpg

SDC14303.jpg

SDC14304.jpg

SDC14273.jpg

SDC14272.jpg

SDC14271.jpg

SDC14270.jpg

Where did you get your autodose fert pump from, and what are you dosing? and on what sort of schedule?

I was asking myself the exact same thing, I did find this forum discussion about it. Nicklfire where did you get yours from? How much? Happy with it?

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1938900

looks great! can't wait to see that foreground carpet fill in :)

Ya you and me both :) Should be nice once it's filled in completely

Great looking tank! If the bulkheads are on the bottom of the tank how do you keep the substrate from flowing through your filtration system? (sorry, new to closed loop systems)

Yes the bulkheads are at the bottom :) Basically there are 4 bulkheads, 2 on each side. 2 on the left (1 is in and 1 out) and same thing on the right side. basically the bulkhead which is the inlet has about a 4" extension with a strainer on the end of it. The plants are covering it pretty well but if you look close it's the white pipe.

Where did you get your autodose fert pump from, and what are you dosing? and on what sort of schedule?

Ebay! he does not have them listed on ebay at the moment or else i would have sent you the direct link. I have not fully setup the pump as of yet so i cannot say i'm using it. I have been testing it with water so far and it seems to be working good. Basically i am using EI method and just using the pump to remember foro me. So basically macro and trace switch from day to day then on sunday there is a 50% water change. then it starts all over again.

I was asking myself the exact same thing, I did find this forum discussion about it. Nicklfire where did you get yours from? How much? Happy with it?

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1938900

I think it was about 180$, so far i'm happy, there are things that i dont like about it such as the buttons are very small.. i dont think i can fully say if it's happy with it until i start using it for a longer period... but so far so good.

Edited by Nicklfire

Well if you were in Edmonton I would first dibs them haha - I also want to know if your doser is still working the way you want it and if it's worth the money (I'm horrible at remembering to dose)

I havnt had the chance to fully configure it yet, cant figure out how to turn it on for the seconds yet lol, really have not invested much time into figuring it out but i am on holidays tomrrow so i'll have lots of time to get it configured then i'll let ya know for sure ;0