6G Fluval Edge Sw Fowlr With 10G Sump (Pic Heavy)

Cgy_Betta_Guy

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope that LED panel works out for you. I bought 3 white ones and they've all grown very dim after only a month of use.

• 8 months later...

I'm curious as well,how is this coming along?

And I noticed your running a red/blue led on the sump.What brand is that or did you DIY?

The reason I ask is I found really good deals on led grow lights,they are for plants not aquariums.But your sump has no fish in it anyways.

http://bcledlights.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=22&products_id=226

The link is for a really good deal

12w bulb,but they are really powerful,I use quite a few around my greenhouse

Edited by Sprucegruve

Unfortunately my tank is turning into an algae fest lately so there wont be any pictures. Seemed to happen after my red fire shrimp died but probably a coincidence. I have been doing more frequent water changes but I think I may need to resort to taking each of the chunks of liverock out and scrubbing off the layer of algae growing all over and trying to siphon the layer growing on the sand. Other than the shrimp dying all the other inhabitants seem to be ok.

The red and blue LED light was a grow light that I got from LEDWholesalers. Thought I would try it out on the tanks. Unfortunately all the led light panels that I bought from there have dimmed substantially and was definitely not worth the money. I have since put a cheapy LED light on there just to light the sump up a bit.

• 9 months later...

bits of both actually. think i also had dino flagellates as the 3 fish died within a space of a couple weeks. not positive though. did blackouts on the tank and tried peroxide as well. algae is gone for the most part but since i lost the fish i have left the tank running empty with nothing except the snails left. been planning on trying to get it back and running again soon though.