3.5G Planted

gBOYsc2

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What size of bag of stratum did you buy? I was wondering what size I would need for 5.5 gallon...2" layer?

What do you think?

True enough Blake.

Sierra - I bought the 2 kg bag of stratum. I think it should give you close to a 2" layer maybe 1 1/2 to 1 3/4"? On the back of the bag there is a formula to figure out how much to use but it isn't very specific. It only shows 1 dimension of the tanks which is really wierd.

• 2 weeks later...

w00t w00t! I got my lily pipes in the mail today! I'm such a..... grandmasboy that I forgot to order the clear tubing so pretty much all I need now is the tubing and some plants and I'm ready to go!

001-10.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The tank is still in Idle mode. :( I am going to be moving in 2 months and I figure I am just going to wait till then to get it completely set up. I have been really busy between Starcraft 2, Civ 5, Shogun 2: Total War and Pablo. LOL

The tank is still in Idle mode. :( I am going to be moving in 2 months and I figure I am just going to wait till then to get it completely set up. I have been really busy between Starcraft 2, Civ 5, Shogun 2: Total War and Pablo. LOL

Haha alright. How does Starcraft II compare to the original Red Alert? BTW, curious how has well has that fissidens done for you?

LOL HOW CAN YOU ASK ME A QUESTION LIKE THAT!? STARCRAFT 2 is GOD LOL. (just a figure of speech no offense to anyone).

I started my RTS career with Dune 2 the first CnC and Warcraft: Orcs & Humans. Although the original CnC was cool back then I never really stuck with the series. I was always a big fan of Blizzard Games since back then so stuck with that series. I would have to say Starcraft 2 is the best RTS I have played to date. It will be really hard to top. The community is also hands down best RTS community out there because of the progression of Battle.net over the years. I;m nowhere near being pro but I absolutely love to watch the korean broadcast professional games on GOMtv.net. You should check it out sometime. It's insane that people actually make a living off the game. $87,000 USD for first prize in each season hosted every month.

The fissidens are kickin along. I just have them floating in a 1g cube with some guppy fry along with a bunch I got from Blake as well. Just patiently waiting to use them for the 3.5.

LOL HOW CAN YOU ASK ME A QUESTION LIKE THAT!? STARCRAFT 2 is GOD LOL. (just a figure of speech no offense to anyone).

-roll- -roll- -roll- Your God is not my God. (ditto figure speech)

Holey carp, 87 grand! I thought the Red Alert 2 prize was a lot, but I think that blows it out of the water. Amazes me that people play for that kind of money, a video game! But I'm still true to my original favorite, Red Alert I. However, the original game makers have since been bought out and that line has gone down hill. Maybe when I get a few things done I'll shovel up the dough for Starcraft II. I hope it involves good complex tactics, and a guy selection more than 16 (which I think the original had?). Waypoints and scatter commands are a must. I guess I'll find out.