3.5G Planted

gBOYsc2

Haha if it turns out lookin how it does when I squint then I will be disappointed! :P

I am now thinking of real dwarf hairgrass as a carpet instead of UG. Either that or religiously trimmed hairgrass.

Here is a shot of what it looks like under the light. I might not use a background, i only had it in the previous photo because I had tanks behind it. I still haven't got around to planting it because I am spending yesterday and today going on a search for more driftwood to find the perfect peice. I kind of feel like the one on the left is too big and thick. It seems to draw the attention. I dunno though maybe it's just me.

001-5.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That big piece of DW does draw attention now b/c it's the only thing in the tank. Once you plant it up, the plants will begin to draw attention away from the wood. IME, living things often tend to draw more attention than innate things.

i say leave the wood just as it is. my eye is drawn to the space between the two skinnier upright pieces, and the little hole in the middle one. remember, once plants are in that will take the focus away from the wood some. it's just so 'blaring' right now because that's all that's in there.

edit - Jason beat me to it! lol.

Edited by BettaFishMommy

I just read this whole thread lol and you picked thee best hard scape picture!

I can't wait to see it planted.

hahaha also lovve your drawing thumbup.gif

Edited by Sierra

• 3 weeks later...

The tank is still in idle stage but I thought I'd share this wonderful story hahahaha......

So 2011 has been extremely lucky for me. I have randomly found money in public 3 times this year! I found 30 dollars the first time, 10 dollars the second time and a whopping 120 bucks today!!!! LOL

So I went ahead and ordered some nice Do!aqua lily pipes today! Can't wait...............

I am also waiting to find some plants but I have been lazy on the hunt this week. I'm trying to locate an aqua flora tub or 2 of dwarf hairgrass so I can get to heavily planting soon!

The tank is still in idle stage but I thought I'd share this wonderful story hahahaha......

So 2011 has been extremely lucky for me. I have randomly found money in public 3 times this year! I found 30 dollars the first time, 10 dollars the second time and a whopping 120 bucks today!!!! LOL

So I went ahead and ordered some nice Do!aqua lily pipes today! Can't wait...............

I am also waiting to find some plants but I have been lazy on the hunt this week. I'm trying to locate an aqua flora tub or 2 of dwarf hairgrass so I can get to heavily planting soon!

How about sharing some of that luck, hey?

Visually - the more wood the better. It makes for great contrast and helps set the mood.

Within the constraints of that footprint however, it may wreak havoc on the weather.

Not so much on the right, yet the left is irrefutably shaded. This will only be of benefit the moss. You can love that moss to death in a high tech tank.

I am thinking about the eventual flow of water throughout the circut. You have followed the HPTA norm of designating @ least 10% filter / display ratio. That school of thought also supports intense linear channeling of water. Regard one pays for every scintillated toot of C02 exiting that diffusser.

Treasure it .

Love that CO2

You have gobbled up a high pecentage of floorspace. Sneak it away from the back glass if you can bear to do so. It is your mission to grind every bubble against every last leaf in that aqurium. When complete it may scrub the glass as well. Fail that and your further ahead blowing bubbles in the bathtub.

You have followed the HPTA norm of designating @ least 10% filter / display ratio. That school of thought also supports intense linear channeling of water.

I don't understand this. What is the HPTA? and 10% filter/display ratio. Forgive my n00bness please. :)

It makes me think my filter on the 20g is too small now

007.jpg

3.5 G = 13 1/4litres

Filter is 1.3 L & @ 10% is on the nose.

Adhereing to the same mentality on a 20 would dictate - Two Gallons (thats a hefty HOB)

Not that I advocate or literally utilize these methods. As we admire these prominent designers we begin to see recurance within aspects of the set-ups. Filter selection, turnover rates, media regiments, hardware placement, choices in substrate ( and their inherent additives ). Their work is closely followed. I have even seen light intensity plotted out on X and Y axis to show the relation to display size. We are romanced by their success and as a retail extension we have access to products that can help to duplicate the results. There is wisdom in their ways and some interesting science in what they have to offer.

Due to the epicentres location it has become vougue to include as many A's as possible. This helps assure everyone the product is cutting edge.

I try not to get to caught up in it. There are groups to high above to see what we are up to. They can scorn us if we step out of line. That my friend is the insidious heart of the HPTA.