Mko's 15 Gallon

Mko

Hello Everyone,

So this tank is actually a reincarnation of my 10 gallon which cracked a couple weeks ago and i transfered all of its contents into this new 15 gallon. Thank You to SkyGrL who is also on this forum for providing me with this great new tank =). I am still rather new to this hobby and my knowledge is basic at most. I really love the feeling I get from this hobby. Like many others I find myself losing countless hours tweeking little things here and there trying to make it perfect and then stepping back and sitting to stare. Everything just disappears sometimes and i find myself just staring. Its Really great. Anyways on to my takn

Equipment

Tank: 15 gallon 24x12x12

Lights: 24 inch T5HO light fixture 1 double strip bulb (25watts)

Filtration: Aquaclear 30 + Mini Elite (for circulation and Co2 diffusion)

Heater: Top Fin Heater

Co2: DIY Paintball Regulator + Boyu Co2 Diffusor

Hardscape

-Geosystem Gravel Grey (Top Layer)

-Seachem Fluorite Black Sand (Bottom Layer)

-Mopani Drift Wood

-Butterfly Rock

Flora

-(Dwarf Hair Grass) Eleocharis parvula

-(Java Moss) Taxiphyllum barbieri

-(Flame Moss) Taxiphyllum Sp. Flame

-(Christmas Moss) Vesicularia montagnei

-Anubias nana

-Hydrocotyle verticillata

-Cryptocoryne wendtii "Mi Oya"

-(Amazon Frogbit) Limnobium laevigatum

- (Java Fern Narrow) Microsporum pteroptus sp. Narrow

Fauna

- Dwarf Blue Gourami x 1

- Rasbora Hengeli x 8

- Otocinclus Catfish x 1

- Amano Shrimp x 2

- Cherry Shrimp x 1

- Malaysian Trumpet Snails x A lot

Future Watch:

- Boraras Brigittae x 4

- Boraras Maculatus x 4

- Galaxy Rasbora x 6

(Shrimp and other Otos Passed away in transfer from the 10 gallon as well as a battle with BGA)

The Beggining...

IMG_7792.jpg

IMG_7796.jpg

IMG_7797.jpg

IMG_7801.jpg

IMG_7802.jpg

IMG_7804.jpg

IMG_7807.jpg

IMG_7809.jpg

The water was really dirty and full of mulm since i transferred all the old water and debris from my 10 gallon into this tank to speed up the cycling process..

IMG_7813.jpg

1 week In

IMG_0779.jpg

IMG_0772.jpg

IMG_0775.jpg

IMG_0773.jpg

IMG_0790.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg

IMG_0787.jpg

IMG_0783.jpg

IMG_0791.jpg

IMG_0770.jpg

I am currently running my Co2 at 1 bps during the day and then diffusing oxygen via air pump at night

Nitrates: 10 ppm

Ammonia: 0 ppm

Nitrites: 0 ppm

pH: 7- 7.8

So yea that is my debut on this Forum. Tell me what you guys think of my Tank =) Constructive Criticism? Tips on how to win my battle with BGA and just any comments would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good! :thumbs:

If you want, you can probably skip the bubbler at night - your HOB filter will provide enough surface aggitation to keep DO levels up. Plus, you don't have a lot of life in there using O2. But, if you like it, keep it up. :)

hey hahah thanks!

ill keep the bubbler going just incase the high O2 levels slow the growth of the BGA

and as for the inhabitants i am planning to get some more shrimp soon. I feel so bad

that the single cherry i have has to scour the tank by herself.. So depressing.

All in good time =)

i love seeing your gourami investigating everything. your getting really nice growth on your mosses and crypts

Amy

He's my favourite right now just cheers me up seeing him so amused in his little world... And thanks =) i love the moss in your tank too =)

gotta love the hobby... and all its intricate, OCD mannerisms, observations, problems. ahaha but at the end of the day i think its all worth it =) magnifying glass and all.

LOLOLOL i was just talking to my gf and telling her that i feel like one of those old ladies worried about her pets all the times since im always worrying about my fish tank.. She gets so mad sometimes because if she's in my room trying to talk she catches my eyes going toward my tank.. Woops LOLOL

LOLOLOLOL oh man thats awesome.. i can totally picture you nodding your head as your eyes slide towards the tank.... and YES we are so getting matching glasses! :thumbs:

im getting neck string glasses holder thingers.... i so hope you understand that!! lmao its late.. im rambling... :boxed:

Amy

maybe we could find ones with fish or plants on the frames... just to old it up more

Edited by SkyGrl