Abjd Growth Picture

fatpuffer

Hi folks. I will start a li'l pic timeline of my ebjd breeding project. As far as i know these are the first ebjd bred and raised in ab. please correct me if i am wrong. anyways...here is the first pic of the AB blue line. It is from a ebjd father and bgjd daughter. THanks to RD for the research articles on line/inbreeding etc. Currently, I have 11 (used to be 12 but squished it with a net during transfer)ebjd.

2.5 weeks old

emilie1_1.jpg

I will edit and add photo as I get them.

Edited by fatpuffer

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love these little guys, for fry which are usually pretty bland and borring, i think they are particularly good looking, and it will be interesting to see when they turn blue! I kind of regret not getting some of these guys, they were a huge reason for me getting so into the hobby caught my eye but then i got scared to keep them as a newby lol. awesome thread jonah.and good work.

They are getting bigger. They will be approx 4 weeks this sunday. They are about 1/2 inch long and you can start to see bluish tinge at the gill plates.

Group shot

emilie1_3.jpg

emilie2_1.jpg

emilie4.jpg

Black bar starting to breakdown

emilie5.jpg

emilie3_1.jpg

Edited by fatpuffer

i understand what you meant. Finally a breakthrough with feeding. They are taking adult frozen brine shrimp (fortified with vitamins, etc.)I am still pushing NLS just not sure how much they are taking it. this way i can stop my bbs "factory" for now. Now i understand why they are so pricey! Two years to get any blues! anyways, all 11 are going strong. keeping my fingers crossed!

Quick update: 11 is eating well. I am currently feeding a mix of frozen brine shrimp with vits and omega and NLS. They are FAT! Some looks wider as they are long...basically a square...haha.Some are over 1" (eyeball measurement) and the blue are coming out more. They have to "hunt" their food now as the tank is pretty big compared to their old one. Its funny how they school at this size...basically playing follow the leader. No obvious deformities. I will keep them until they hit around 3 inches at least and no deformities.

Jonah