Blue Ram Hybrid Or Apisto Something?

Jayba

The very first pic and the very last pic do look a bit like Red Ram (another name for Bolivian Ram), but all of the other pics look a lot more like Blue Rams to me. That being said, if they're still around the 1" mark, it could be hard to say.

So are GBR's on hormones so they appear in stores at 1inch fully colored? These guys are larger than that already. These guys did come out of a tank that was at room temp in city water. Needless to say they were stressed out.

GBRs are line bred for color - wilds tend to take a bit longer to get their full coloration... kind of a survival tactic. :)

Good to know. Thanks. I will keep lowering the GH/KH, giving them a nice warm place to live and wait and see what transpires. I will update the photo's. Should be interesting...

Edited by Jayba

Ok, so I'm an @$$, I received these guys, coming from an unheated tank in city water I figured there was no way they were rams. They had the right shape, but I saw no more promise than that. So a temperature of 82 and a schwack of RO water, I've turned them into rams!!! Tomorrow when I have a minute I will blast off some pics. You ain't gonna believe it. Well apparently some of you knew, I didn't. Lol!