40 Gallon Tanks

Evolution

The only way I've seen UGF work with sand is reverse flow. The only way I can think of how to drive an RFUGF is to have the air bubbles drive a turbine that would push water under the filter plate. It would be pretty complex, and I'm not even sure it's possible.

The only way I've seen UGF work with sand is reverse flow. The only way I can think of how to drive an RFUGF is to have the air bubbles drive a turbine that would push water under the filter plate. It would be pretty complex, and I'm not even sure it's possible.

Almost sounds like a sand filter.

Getting started.

The building the first 3 stacks of tanks are going in is very old. I'm setting them up in the basement of this building and the floors are horribly uneven. The location's floor that I've sellected for the tanks is as good as it gets in this building. I will however need to build up a level sub-floor as shimming to level will weaken the rack structure and eventually sag and potentialy cause leaks and cracks in the tanks.

The spot I chose has 4 electrical outlets on a 25 amp breaker. I'll be using six seperate fixtures with 2 T5 bulbs over each tank. I want to be able to grow some fast growing stem plants, plus Reccia floatins and java moss. Each tank will be independantly heated with a 200w Jager and all filters will be home made and air driven with The Pump.

What sort of breeding projects are you considering?

Interesting, i'm not much into breeding, but more into ecology. My hobby is fish collecting and keeping them in species specific tanks. However I have a large group of red belly piranhas that spawn for me, sting rays. two species of shrimp and i'd like to try my hand at breeding a few species of Xingu river plecos. Right now these three stacks of tanks will have rhom piranhas, an mbu puffer, an african lungfish and a grow out tank of Synodontis decorus.