Is There A Deals/hook-Up Thread?

blink

I'm cheap errm, frugal and I like to save money on my hobbies, but I also like to share deals.

For example, I noticed last week that PetSmart on 170th street was selling all their fish for 75% off and I understand that 50th street and 136th ave will be doing the same if they haven't already, and other stores may follow suit. I was told they're doing it due to renovations on the tanks and filter systems but what the heck, it's a great deal for regular type fish... nothing exotic of course, but still a nice deal.

PJ's Pets also has their Fluval Nano tank stands on sale for $20, down from $65.

Anyone else find steals of deals out there?

Threads like this one come and go, and their usual demise is typically one of two things: either the deals are short term and the internet is Forever, or the thread spirals into a pit of hatred because someone will comment that this or that store is terrible, shouldn't be shopped at, etc.

General rule is that we tend to avoid these themes as it leads to heartbreak and ruin. I'll leave this thread open in hopes I can be proven wrong.

This is more of an ongoing deal but if you sign up for PJ's Pets online newletter you get a $5 off coupon when you sign up and then they often send out coupons for different amounts. I've received $10 off a $50 purchase, 20% off entire purchase, and 40% off of one item up to $50 max. Its nice to use for water conditioner, filter media, etc. And they come on a fairly regular basis, every month or so.

or the thread spirals into a pit of hatred because someone will comment that this or that store is terrible, shouldn't be shopped at, etc. I'll leave this thread open in hopes I can be proven wrong.

♩ Shiny happy ♬ people holding hands ♪

Shiny ♪ happy ♫ people laughing

There's ♩ no time to ♬ cry

I was recently at the one in southpark and all tanks were empty and the last of the plants were in a soupy, mixture of water. Wish I would have known before everything was gone... basically fyi southpark is soldout.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bumping this back up, Family Pet in Sherwood park is selling drilled 40 gallon breeders from their display racks for $50. They've also got a hydor protein skimmer for $150, from $499 and some other stuff in the clearance rack. Seems like their regular prices are a bit high but the sale prices are juuuust fine :)

Also, some Petsmarts have buckets of Coralife salt for $25.

Edited by blink

Yeah the Sherwood Park LFs is really using their monopoly to their advantage. They are consistently overpriced on their stuff and it's harder than hell to get them to hold up there guarantees but their stock is in good condition and some of their staff is knowledgeable. Would be awesome if we got some other fish stores out here. (HINT HINT TO ANY FISH STORES LOOKING TO EXPAND THEIR FRANCHISE) :&