Ada Cube Garden 45X27X30 Iwagumi

meeiu

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Just wanted to do an update.

After readjusting some of the rocks and slopes, this is what the hardscape currently looks like:

6746788383_4643713cbe_z.jpg

Please feel free to criticize and give me some feedback!

I finally finalized my order with Canadian Aquatics and am waiting for my package to arrive with the plants. Therefore, this may be the last chance for you guys to give me feedback before I dive into planting and flooding this baby up :D

Also, did anybody RSVP for the ADA Workshop tomorrow at Pisces? Give me a shout if you have! Oh I am excited for tomorrow. hehe

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woaa well I think you have to take it all down and start from scratch. Those rocks are all wrong. Bigger tank needed. You shoulda gotten more fine ADA sand. Everythings just wrong!

:boom:

Jk, I would actually mirror it, so that the rocks are the same but on the left (but thats my own personal antics). Aside from that, Should look good flooded.

Edited by Iceturf

Also, did anybody RSVP for the ADA Workshop tomorrow at Pisces? Give me a shout if you have! Oh I am excited for tomorrow. hehe

What???? I didn't even know this was going on. You'll have to let me know how it goes, we just picked up 3 foster puppies yesterday so my house is crazy right now.

Tuesday, January 24th, 2012

So I finally got my package in the mail today. Thank you Canadian Aquatics. Amazing people and the best customer service ever. (Shipped out yesterday and arrived today)

Anyways so I spent a large park of the afternoon planting my HC, helferi, and DHG

Heres a shot before the fill up.

6758011371_5afa4013c8_z.jpg

Filling up.

6758015655_a0f50e594e_z.jpg

And finally filled up. (Topped it off a bit more after I took this shot)

6758019841_74b33109c1_z.jpg

You may ask where is my filter and heater and I have to say I am embarrassed at them so I took the shot before I put those items in.

Currently using a HOB and I have to shop around for a canister ASAP!

Thanks for reading :D

Just for kicks....

my cat was watching :D

6758023951_b899394bcd_z.jpg

Looks great! What are you putting in this tank when it's done?

Could you explain what you used the yoga mat for?

Aww if that is really your cat I want it. So cute and I'm not a cat fan.

Looks great! What are you putting in this tank when it's done?

Could you explain what you used the yoga mat for?

Aww if that is really your cat I want it. So cute and I'm not a cat fan.

I am not sure what I want to put into this tank yet. Still a bit far off into the future as I want a thick lush garden before I do. But I have thought about it and I was thinking of some small schooling fish. Maybe some Neon Tetras or some Threadfins Rainbowfish.

As for the yoga mat, Pisces didn't carry any ADA Garden Mats at the time. Therefore I was looking for a aquarium base and I substituted that with a yoga mat (which I cut to the correct dimensions).

And yes thats my cat. ^^

Oh it is only protection for the bottom? I thought maybe it had to do with keeping the sand separate...which I read some threads on and didn't understand all that much. Thanks.

Oh it is only protection for the bottom? I thought maybe it had to do with keeping the sand separate...which I read some threads on and didn't understand all that much. Thanks.

I know in some aquariums, people use very dense foam to place under the substrate to raise the elevation of the slopes in the background. Also some may use think plastic sheets to divide and section off the aquarium. This is to prevent some of the more invasive plants from spreading too rapidly and out competing other species of plants in the aquarium.

How about some kind of rasbora? Like chili or galaxy.

I would love some Galaxy Rasboras but they seem so hard to come by... :(

Might be the season or something, when I got mine, riverfront, Pisces and big ALS all had them in stock. Call around and hope for the best

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Just wanted to do a quick update today. Just took this picture and it seems I may need to trim soon.

Any suggestions on keeping the HC lower and more dense?

Thanks!

P.S. ignore the heater and filter please haha.

Waiting for my Lily Pipes and gotta find a solution to hide the heater.... :S

6810028901_09a85a8de3_z.jpg

Edited by meeiu