Aren't These The Coolest?!

Wingin' It

Very hard to keep those guys they seem to hate one another I was lucky enough to have three that put up with one another long enough to spawn. There bi parental mouth brooding seemed to be an issue. The male held the first batch to term and I salvaged 4 fry that are over an inch long now. They have spawned 4 times since and haven't transfered to dominent male. Then on the 5th time the third fish in the group held the fry for the last 11 days and I salvaged 6 fry from the tank but none of them survived. Since then I had a flood and subsequent basement reno stranding my fish in substandard conditions in the garage. ONE day before bringing everything in from the garage I lost one them. Now inside for a few weeks and I still am not sure what I have left male and female I suspect. They are in a 125 long and get along pretty good so we'll see maybe they will spawn again.

Good luck with them they are a very cool fish!!!!

• 6 months later...

I found a supplier of Tanganyikans in Toronto who Is selling half a box (30 count) of Eretmodus cyanostictus 'Kasanga' for $18 each. Shipping to Calgary is around $100. Totally awesome for someone who has the funds and the want! (I know...I can't help myself).

Edited by Wingin' It

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...