I Need Help To Plant An 55Gal Tank

Shifty

post-3145-0-41788300-1327080582_thumb.jpghello this is my frist time trying to plant a tank and i want to do it proper so i need to know what i should get before i buy the plants. all i know is that i need substrat,good light, and co2,what else would be a good idea and what do some of you recommand?

Fertilizer helps as well. You could always get some free plant clippings from other members to start off with. I was lucky to receive many free plants from other members, and it was a great way to get started. Getting some scissors is good too. You'll want to cut off browning/dead leaves to help keep the plant healthy. I would suggest trying to get some taller plants (like vals), maybe an amazon sword and pygmy swords, and maybe even try some mosses. I found those to be great starter plants. My amazon swords are huge now, and I've never used ferts or CO2. I'm sure your plants will grow nice and healthy, you seem to have it set up nicely for them already :)

• 1 year later...

What is a good easy plant to start with as I have never used real plants before and just moved up to a 55 gal tank now

I started with an Anubias on a piece of drift wood. Very hardy with low light requirement. Very difficult to fail with it. As it grows, it is easy to propagate. I started with one in November 2012 and now I have four. Very soon, I'll have to prune and compost. Got no more room to expand it.