We're Moving!

Tanker

Hi!

Up until last month, the hosting company where these pages are stored and served up to you was a wonderful company with great support and was actually owned by a fellow who lives in Edmonton! Well... business is business, and he sold to a large US company, who's support and service are REALLY bad. Like... whoa. SO BAD. There is a spammer who has set up on the old host and they have NO interest in dealing with him, even though it means that anyone here with a shaw, telus, hotmail, gmail or yahoo address may or may not be getting emails from the site because our server has been 'blanket blacklisted'.

So I'm moving AA to a new host. I have spent quie a few hours over the last few days researching reviews and talking to actual people who do these things, and shopping for a reasonable price too... and I have found our new home. They have an extremely firl anti-spam policy, and just for giggles I called their 1-800 support phone number at 2am to see if I got a person... and I DID! A real living human being was cheerful to talk to me and spoke the Queen's English, too! Well... actually she was in Texas, but that's better than nothing.

So what does this mean to you?

Short story: you will find AA to be shut down in the next few days. The board will be closed, the database will br frozen, and then I'll download the entire thing (it's HUGE) and upload and restore it to the new host. Then I will tell the internet we've moved, and the internet will take 12 to 48 hours to tell YOU. So... You'll probably see AA down for 2 days by the time it's all said and done. When will this happen? In the next couple days, I think. This requires a pretty good sized chunk of time from me to get it all done as smoothly as possible, so I'm trying to find time to get it all done. I know it's important to fix AA, but so is paying my mortgage. Wife says so. Don't argue with Mrs. Me.