Water Changes W/ Hose

Nukes25

I get the temp right and then fill. If you fill with straight cold the temp in the tank would drop too much. That might be ok in some situations like doing a small WC or trying to get certain fish to breed but not in most cases.

I drain, get the water temp right(just by feel) and then fill. I add my prime to the tank, some at the beginning and some at the end for good measure.

Unless I'm trying to trigger breeding in my cats, I usually add water that is just slightly cooler than the tank - same as Val w. the Prime.

I do 20% changes every 2 weeks and try to get the water close to the temp of the tanks by feel. I also drain down the basement drain in my furnace room. I fill a large rubbermaid container (4 pails) and then have a small pump to refill each tank. I add 1 cap of prime for every 4 pails.

I've got a hot and cold line with valves running into a filter that has a valve and single outlet. The 2 first valves are set at the temp I want and then I just turn the water on to pass through the filter and fill the tank. Very close every time unless I'm running hot water elsewhere.

I've got a hot and cold line with valves running into a filter that has a valve and single outlet. The 2 first valves are set at the temp I want and then I just turn the water on to pass through the filter and fill the tank. Very close every time unless I'm running hot water elsewhere.

Good idea! Are the hot and cold lines meant for a washer/dryer setup? That's what I'm currently running off in my basement but never thought of running the hot and cold together into a single outlet to regulate the temperature better.

wouldn’t worry at all i do 30% of a 420 gallon 3 times a week i just siphon it all out and fill it up i mix hot and cold but about half way through i run out of hot water so i turn the cold off and just put Luke warm that’s left it usually drops about 3 degrees

I use a 1000 gallons pump attached to a 1 inch hose. I usually do 30% of my 230 gallons tank in minutes :)

About the water temperature, first I collect the water in large rubber maid totes, I add water conditioners and let it sit for 24 hours. By that time the temperature of the water is the same as my home, and so far safe for the fish.

My fish probably are not very picky, they are large tambaquis, chocolate cichlids and silver dollars :)