Clown Loach Tank Mates

darryl180

I've got a group of 9 clown loaches, currently in with a group of 9 geophagus sp. red head tapajos, 1 NTT, 2 Paretroplus maculatus, a few plecos, 1 soldier catfish and 1 saratheradon sp. mudfeeder. I know its overstocked so eventually somethings will be moving.

Yup love them to.

I have 7 from 3-5" in a 7 foot tank with a lot of rainbow fish and some "roseline" barbs. I do have to take care that they get food though as the rainbows attack everything that looks like food.

Clown loaches can be kept with almost anything if they are properly sized. Stay away from obvious poor choices like piranha and the more aggressive snakeheads.

I have 2 tanks with loaches. My 360 gallon has rays , a giant gourami, dat , and various plecos. My 120 has roseline barbs and red rainbow.

Thanks for the replies.

I am presently running 180 gallons with 19 clown loaches.

The biggest one is about 9 inches. He is older than 15 years now. The smallest are 2 inches.

I also have an anostomus and a fire eel. The fire eel is about 3 years and growing.

Does anyone have experience with older/larger fire eels? Will it become a problem with the clown loaches?

Thanks

Edited by darryl180

• 2 months later...

Love clowns too! Gotta love the clown dance that they do.

I've got 13 clown loaches with the biggest being around 8-9 inches. They are currently being kept with an Aro, ray, fronts and a FF.

What was the weirdest place you've found your loaches?