Database Of Aquarium Safe Silicone (Add Your Aquarium Safe Product)

ckmullin

What about Dap 100% window and Door sealant? I thought I read it is a good choice for aquarium safe silicone.

About 5$ from Totem, there are 2 similar types so steer clear of the mould resistant stuff.

Haven't been to a home reno store for a little while. If you can provide a pic or upc, I'll check it out online. I do know one product of dap 100% silicon does contain the mildew resistant chemicals, just hate to get things mixed up for people.

Edited by ckmullin

Let me dig up a tube, I've used a bunch of it last fall. It comes in both 100% silicone and a form with mildew resistance. I'll post a photo of both if I can find the right tubes in the garage.

Edited by Iceturf

• 2 months later...

got a question about this RVT-103. Ive heard about it in several different places when I was looking at relining my tank. Whats so special about this stuff? Is it a tape? All I can seem to gather is that its supposed to be very tough

RTV-103 RTV108 are both comercial grade of GE silicone 1 basicly the same formula just has a better tensile strenght to it, info came right from the Manufacture.

Dow corning 735 same as GE 1 made by same manufacture , 837 can be used as well. sorry don't have pictures of either tube, this info was gathered off of monsterfish.com from the sticky thread regarding safe silicones that can be used. 3M5200 marine sealant can be used to seal glass or acrylic in plywood tanks with liquid rubber uses as the sealant. I have used GE silicone #1 for assembly of tanks from 5-55 gallons and know of atleast 10 tanks over 100 gallons put together with it.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Apparently GE Sillicone I is no longer available and has been replaced by a Dap product, but is not rated for 'continuous underwater use'.

I'm going with this one:  https://www.homehardware.ca/en/300ml-clear-multi-purpose-silicone-sealant/p/2031205  for the modifications on my 210...