Show Off What You Got At The Auction!

jeremoose

Hey all, a lot of us never got a chance to go today so how about those of you who DID go show off what you got! Let's see some pictures! Also, any items slip out of your grasp (price range)?? Let's hear about it.

I got a bag full of tiger Val's, might actually be too many lol. Got a marble crayfish and a catfish for my uncle.

Tons of black Angels there

Edited by kimmi7

I got a bag full of tiger Val's, might actually be too many lol. Got a marble crayfish and a catfish for my uncle.

Now I know who to come to when I'm ready to start my marble crayfish colony.. :D What kind of catfish?

holy mackarel! all the plecos! I got 3 hifin albinos about 8 (i think) spotted danios, some hairgrass, some cabomba (? spelling) and a red plant that I cant remember the name of at the moment.

Lol, I went there to get some stuff that I could habour in my 5 gal for a week or so while my 36 gal cycled.......

I got the 36gal last spring at the auction, and i relined it (diy walkthough thank you so much author) however I hadnt water tested it yet until I got home from the auction today with a whole lot of urgency lol. Leak test passed thankfully! Thank goodness for Stability. Crossing my fingers.....

Also, Im thinking that 3 hifin are a bit much for my tank. Didnt really account for that when I bid...:/ Any thought?

I got some corys I have never heard of before - ehrhardti -(not surprising since I have never had corys before). Almost no cichlids, and not too many plants. The bidding was going pretty high on quite a few things, often reaching or exceeding retail prices. I was often outbid - but that is the fun of it and the auctioneers were in a good mood and funny, and some of the kids acting as runners kept dancing, which was cute.

There weren't as many people as there usually are, and I have never seen the tables that empty before. Almost every time the were so many bags that they were close to falling off the tables and stacked carefully, this time the bags were lying flat and you could see quite a bit of table space. The icy roads probably didn't help in that regard. There is always the fall auction!

Who was selling the neon rice fish? I want to get some of those...

Edited by Crystal

Missed out on the midnight, peru and river corys, lots of beautiful angels (black, a phillipine blue marble, koi) 120G bare tanks for around $100,

lots of cichlids for very cheap

but did get a gorgeous half black and white guppy and female for $7, an amazing betta (black head to a saphire blue with a lightning to bronzy green on his fins, came with a bowl and some food) for $8 my daughter adores him, a 200W heater for $10, and a pair of yellow swordtails ( to go with my orange and pineapple) :D

Edited by SuperGuppyGirl

I picked up a pair of full red albino guppies. I figured I needed to alteast buy something and these guys were pretty :P

I sold a ton of plants but didn't buy anything to replace them so there is now a giant hole on the right side of my planted tank :( I was hoping for some nice swords but there were only a couple regular amazons that went a bit high for my liking.

I agree that there seemed to be less people and lots. The chairs we partially empty when last time it was standing room only and there was definitely less lots. I was home by 3:30 today when last time we auctioned until 4:30. Not sure why. The fall auction should be awesome though as I believe we are having a show/auction weekend.

Now I know who to come to when I'm ready to start my marble crayfish colony.. :D What kind of catfish?

A single synodontis lucipinnis

I picked up a culture of banana worms, Chilatherina alleni, Betta occellata, a bag of pleco caves.

There were not as many tanks as previous auctions, lots of angelfish, a decent selection of cichlids. For shrimp there were cherries and green shrimps only this time. A good selection of different catfishes other than albino bristlenose catfishes. A nice selection of plants, some of which are not seen often at auctions.

As for the fall, it will probably only be an auction. The show will probably happen next spring (May long weekend?) as most of the speakers are already booked up for this year.

Got a single male festium thats doing very well in with my angels in their 72 gallon. plus a bunch of plants. agreed with the higher prices for some stuff but in the end i got what i came for.. more plants. split some gorgeous vals with a lady sitting in front of me and got a sweet red tiger lotus. ill probably go down to calgary to check out their auction too. even with all the plants i did get it only filled 1/4 of my tank. all in all a great day. exchanged some items for some locals who couldnt make it and that made it worth it.

thanks everyone for putting everything together.

amy