Temporary 20 Gallon

Mko

So since I was to busy to set up all the things I needed for my 30 gallon project and am still waiting to gather alll the things I needed I decided to quickly scape my current 20 gallon holding tank into this scape here.

-scape was done in 30 minutes so it's not the best

-plants:

java moss

java fern

anubias coffeefolia

hydrocotyle sibthorpioides

I did this since I wanted to have a nice manageable tank for me to continue to grow out that beautiful healthy bunch of java fern that i recieved and at the same time grow out my other hydrocotyle species since I had no room for it in my 15 gallon. This is a preview of the kind of scape i want to accomplish for the 30 gallon long just better done. (The rocks im using for the 30 gallon will be all similar to the stone at the front of this scape.

Fish will be reintroduced after a few days. The eheim is already cycled.

specs:

20 gallon tank

eheim ecco filter

pressurized Co2

hydor inline heater

koralia powerhead

IMG_2869.jpg

hey there! its been a while again haha. i'm planning on just putting the fish that were originally there before. So those would my sisters guppies + a single cardinal + 2 whiteclouds. Just really random while I wait till im done school. Main purpose of this tank was to try out a layout and also provide a place for me to continue to propogate that beautiful java fern bunch. actually im more excited to get my hydrocotyle sibthorpioides going since its my favourite hydrocotyle species and i finally got my hands on it

some shots from tonight. Can't wait for the moss to rebound and start growing again. I think I may just plant down the rotala i have floating and grow it out for selling from this tank. I still have a month before I set up my 30 gallon. I'm excited to get that thing started. I have a lone cardinal in here that doesn't like coming out I think I may purchase some over the weekend to keep him company.

IMG_0017.jpg

Love that middle rock. I can't wait to use it for the bigger scape later on

• 2 weeks later...

took out some guppies left only the males. Then I bought a school of 10 rummy nose tetras that I will use for my 30 gallon later on. I just got them so I could color them up ahead of time.

IMG_0019-1.jpg

IMG_0022-1.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0024-1.jpg

Nice choice on the rummynose tetras. one of my fav schooling fish by far. I cant wait to see what your 30 will look like. this tank looks stellar so far. Your scapes are aleays so interesting. you will have to snap some pics of your rotala.

Nice choice on the rummynose tetras. one of my fav schooling fish by far. I cant wait to see what your 30 will look like. this tank looks stellar so far. Your scapes are aleays so interesting. you will have to snap some pics of your rotala.

Hahaha thanks amy, can always count on you to drop by on my threads haha. I'm so excited for uni to be over so that I can go full time into aquascaping again. The 30 just keeps staring at me and begging me to scape it. I can't wait. Rummy Nose Tetras are soo awesome! I can't wait to get them nice and brightly colored up. Im really excited for my hydrocotyle and java fern to continue to grow. Hopefully I can bring the java moss back to life again too. I shall shoot pictures of my rotala soon. Currently working on a video for this tank to showcase the schooling rummy noses =D thanks for dropping by again.

Mirko

• 7 months later...