My Anubias Has Alge On It?

hustler

I think my anubias has alge on it....

I tried silver dollars in there for about an hour and they chewed em up pretty good so i took them out...

They have new bright green leaves starting but all the old ones have a brown fur on them?

should i cut them or just let it be?

Im using reef LED lighting over them with a 2700k flourecent aswell.

Can any of the algae be rubbed off or is it really stuck on? You could also try the dark tank method, remove the anubias put it in a container with water and put it in the dark, the anubias is a low light plant so a few days/week should not affect it too much and the algae should die as it needs light more than the anubias. Good luck.

Brush algae is best dispatched with spot treatment of Excel or Hydrogen Peroxide

Slow growing plants like Anubias and Java Fern are quite often subject to brush algae on older leaves. In tanks that aren't set up specifically for plants (ie. no extra ferts, special light, etc.) often show brush algae on older leaves of slow growing plants.

Slow growing plants like Anubias and Java Fern are quite often subject to brush algae on older leaves. In tanks that aren't set up specifically for plants (ie. no extra ferts, special light, etc.) often show brush algae on older leaves of slow growing plants.

+1

Well, reef lighting is usually what? somewhere around 10k-14k?? Bulbs for FW plants usually no more than 6500K.....so that is only going to make things worse.......

I think my anubias has alge on it....

I tried silver dollars in there for about an hour and they chewed em up pretty good so i took them out...

They have new bright green leaves starting but all the old ones have a brown fur on them?

should i cut them or just let it be?

Im using reef LED lighting over them with a 2700k flourecent aswell.

Also can bleach dip 1:19 bleach:water ratio, about 15 seconds with the leaves submerged (dont put the rhizome in it) then just give it a nice rinse for a minute or two in a bowl under the tap and throw it into a dark corner of the tank or a bucket of water out of light

so funny story.... Got a pleco in there.... All of it was gone the next day... 3 days later everything was super green and new growth within a week. Not gonna lie... Reef LEDs seem to work awesome with this type of plant as long as you have a janitor :)