Electric Blue Ram Fry

dan11

Nope, nothing is being done to my water. Maybe your eggs are fungusing, or the parents are eating them once they become wigglers? They are very tiny when they first start wiggling?

ah ya possibly. I heard that they require soft water. Do him know why they fungus up?

• 2 months later...

Dan11, do you use RO water? Can you share your water conditions with us? I was given a group of rams over a year ago and one by one they all died off over a period of several months. I always suspected my water perameters as I don't have a RO unit. I love rams and would love to try them again, but not until I figure out what i did wrong last year.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, sorry for the late reply. I was on vacation, and had not thought to check my posts since I got home. I do not use RO water, and honestly do not know my parameters. I just use straight tap water, no conditioners or anything. I do weekly waterchanges of anywhere from 50 - 60% I will actually probably be testing them in the next week or so, as I had to tear down my 135 gallon, where my parents lived. All of my angels died again, for the second time this year, so I was fed up and did it. I am just in the proccess of getting it started again. I will try to respond back pretty quickly. Other than that, my rams are completely electric blue now. I still have about 15 - 20 that I kept for myself, and they look good. Just hoping that they dont get whatever my angels had! I also have about 60 german blue ram fry now, and they are about half an inch, with one huge male who is an inch. Had to seperate him, because he was eating some of his smaller siblings! Ahah, I had no idea that one would grow that much faster than its siblings...