So I have set up a 75 gallon tank. The enhabitants are 9 L-046 (Hypansistrus sp.Zebra) and 8-Glossolepsis wanamensis rainbowfish from Rainbowric. Both are rare, but the Glossolepsis wanamensis is very hard to find. There are only a small handful of people in Canada that are this lucky. Even their eggs on aquabid go for big money.

I had a tank, an amazing piece of driftwood so away it went. There are pleco caves burried throughout the tank in strategic locations. I also threw in 16 L-260 (Hypansistrus sp.Queen Arabesque) juviniles, both these plecos are carnivours, so for a cleanup crew I tossed in a bunch of marble bristlenose juviniles. I will let things buck for a while. As everyone grows out I will pull them as needed.

Filtration is a fluval 305 packed with filter floss and a SunSun 304 filter with UV as well. More than enough filtration. I have slowly been adding black sand to the tank to darken up the playsand I have in there right now. I am adding it in stages, as I don't want to bury the L-260 juvis hiding among the rocks. A couple of reasons I want darker is rainbows always look better over a dark substrate, and I am hoping if the tank seems darker, the L-046 plecos will be out more. Time will tell.

IMG_9158.jpg

Day one

IMG_9324-1.jpg

A male and female freshly stressed from the move to Red Deer.

IMG_9520.jpg

A male about 24 hours after the move

IMG_9286.jpg

Another male 24 hours after the move.

IMG_9288.jpg

The tank. The power head has been removed, and went with 2 spray bars

IMG_9289.jpg

Little bitty L-260 fry, about 1/2 inch.

I will update from time to time, I am trying some things to see if I can grow a better fish. The only hints you get are food, tempurature and some other things I will not share until I have proven my theroy. Comments, questions or whatever are welcome. We shall see where this leads, best regards, Jay

Just got the first eggs that I've noticed from my G. wanamensis today - temp is about 84F. They laid in a huge clump of hornwort. Good luck!