Electric Blue -0- Petricolas -1-

Jayba

I walked in tonight to find a pair of EBR's had laid eggs on a little cichlid cave. The bad news was that the little Petricolas I had in there to clean up all the BBS were still in there.

Needless to say, the petricolas have been moved since, but it was too late for the eggs. Gotta love petricolas, determined and always appearing indifferent. But judging from the marks on their sides they didn't get fat bellies full of fresh eggs without paying for it.

Too bad for the rams though, but they will be back at it soon enough I guess.

th_Rams.jpg

Sorry, I had my phone turned the wrong way.....

Edited by Jayba

my GBR's are spawning also, they are very young and havent quite figured it out yet... tend to eat the fry as they hatch... one day they will get their crap together or i will start pulling the clutches... anyway...

Give them about 6 days and do a water change, do a serious gravel vac if you dont usually. the sudden rush of fresh (non nitrate containing) water will no doubt trigger another spawn. the eggs take 48 hours to hatch. good luck!

Are those some of the ones I sold you? They look awesome!

The male is yours, and the female is from another batch. I have 4 pairs that are doing the lay and eat routine. I will need some pointers from the RamMaster at some point if they dont figure this out. For now I'm going to let them lay and eat them and see if they ever get it right.

Might grab a batch or two and go the methyl blue route. Just for giggles. Who knows. I will need your tricks for that one Dan. :)

Edited by Jayba

Wow, they are looking nice. I never gave mine a chance to raise, but I bet they'll catch on. Glad to hear that you have got some good spawning from them. I had two nice batches of angel eggs eaten by a couple of cories yesterday. I laughed when I saw that you had experienced something similar! Hope you get some fry soon!