Tangyanikans Are My Fav...can You Tell?

Wingin' It

Tangs rock! There are so many different kinds that evolution has churned up. Ones that are tiny and live in shells through to stunning 9 inch featherfins. Cool Catfish, specialized predators and others that have adapted to live by eating algae off rocks or even eating scales off other fish. Something for everyone!

Every fish has a personality. Even within a species group. You can have 6 fish, and 6 different personalities. The bully, the timid, the dumb one, the opportunist etc.

Everyone should have a Tang tank, no reason not to. After you have had one, you will never look at a group of stunned community fish the same again.

What goes through a danios mind? "Swim swim swim turn, swim swim, hey follow that guy......swim swim" (I apologize for making light of the 'community' fish) but a group of gourami's has nothing on a group of featherfins.

Oh, and Cate I guess you should refer to my ad looking for Shellie's as a few on my list are in your pictures. Very nice Tangs by the way.

Found this in an article and thought it was funny "....... are identified as African Cichlids in the aquarium trade. They are not a beginner's species. Instead, they appear in the tanks of more advanced hobbyists who specialize in fish hailing from Lake Tanganyika."

Lol. He said we wuz advanced.

Edited by Jayba

Oh, and Cate I guess you should refer to my ad looking for Shellie's as a few on my list are in your pictures. Very nice Tangs by the way.

hahaha I know! I NEED to breed these guys! I went into the garage last night to check on my 6ft tank...I'm soooo bringing it into the house to set up all the tangs in it really, really soon! BTW...i'm sure I could part with some of my Occies for ya when I move everyone over...I just need to do it after I move everyone 'cause right now they can hide in rocks and I can't get them.

those are some great shellies. Those similis breed anymore? Those hecqui look great

The Similis always stayed together, basically in a tank of their own...but they never did spawn for me. And then one day about 2 months ago the female disappeared. I'm still on the look out for more Similis...but as you can imagine...people are hanging on to them! LOL

As for the Hecqui...they are really, really cool too! I lost one male...probably due to a fight or something with each other. But the remaining 3 are doing great! I really wish they would spawn for me too! Maybe when they get into the longer tank they'll start doing something for me. ;)

LOL. Ya they are pretty much the only fish that I care to keep nowadays. Very nice fish. Do you have any full shots of they tanks that they reside in?

I do...somewhere...POOF! This shot is from before I added Jaybas awesome Featherfins! Oh and the C. Brichardi

2012-05-06211456.jpg

haha thats a nice setup for tangs.

I have been thinking about going back to tangs

just waiting for the right cyps to pop up

I think you should set it up now..so when the right cyps do pop up, you're ready to jump on them! hehehehe

• 1 month later...