Chilatherina Campsi

Rainbowric

Chilatherina campsi ....same family as the C. bleheri, C. alleni, C. fasciata Faowi Village. I use to have a small colony of this species up until 6 months ago. Had the same wonderful personality of all the Chilatherina and was quite colorful if you had it in the right conditions. These conditions were a little more difficult to obtain ...well more than the conditions then needed for the other species in the Chilatherina Genus. If you had anything other than black substrate the colors would wash right out of them. But if you did get those right conditions the fish could be quite the showpiece. Unfortunately the pictures displayed were taken with a different camera than what I used on the other species of Chilatherina.

Chilatherina campsi...

C_campsi_d.jpg

Because I do not have this species anymore, does not mean it is not available in Alberta. Last year I sold about 30 pairs to the LFS in Alberta. Big Al's did a weekend special on them and many went to new homes. A picture below shows them just before they left for the LFS. You will notice how light the substrate is and how light colored the fish is. Fortunately Big Al's has black substrate so they did look much more colorful! They were quite young at just over 2 inches in length.

C_campsi_a.jpg

Young male and female in the picture above and you will notice like most of the Rainbowfish species, the female has less color and shorter fins. If you ever owned this fish without a female you would be very disappointed with it!

When it started to display for the female ...the fish could be quite stunning.

C_campsi_a-1.jpg

Having a colony of this species in tank with very dark substrate, planted, could be quite nice to have. It is also a very rare fish to find in the hobby and may no longer be available in Western Canada.

C_campsi_c.jpg

Hope you have enjoyed these pics ....

Regards

Ric

--------------------------------

"Melanotaenia boesemani from Lake Aytinjo"

M_boes_Aytinjo_t.jpg

The Aytinjo variant does have stronger colours!

Edited by Rainbowric