120Gal Planted Tank Reborn

jvision

I was finally able to move my big plecos out of this tank (many sold, a few got moved downstairs) and began the work of planting this tank again. You can see what it used to be like in another thread

This is what it looked like yesterday

IMG_0455.jpg

You can see the rainbows and a large L91 hiding in the log at the front (red and black striped tail)

Here's the hardscape: just a bunch of large driftwood

IMG_0457.jpg

IMG_0459.jpg

After tying on moss and ferns/Anubias

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

And, here it is with the plants that I have. Obviously, I need a lot more fast growing plants to be able to start a solid EI regime

IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

Looking pretty nice Jason! I don't think that your herbies look that dull, especially in the new habitat, and definitely a male and female...:) Got yellow, orange, and green bows. Will have to see if we can get you some red ones! :)

Edited by Rainbowric

Far left is a red tiger lotus that has been growing in a low light newt tank. Unless you mean the Anubias nana - it looks all weird bc it has been floating in that tank for over a year and turned into a ball. We'll see how fast it takes to being rooted again.

I found the fish head while on vacation 5 or 6 years ago, and it hasn't left my main tank since! I love it. :D

I think I'm going to try to expand my rainbow group internally - I've done it w the praecox, now for the others. I'd like to have about 6 of each - I figure that'd make a great display. Not sure if I'll go for red fish - going to try to add that color via plants.

Right now I have 3x 54W T5HO on there - 2 fewer bulbs than when I had it running before. I'm giving some serious thought to making it more of an open top concept with 3 or 4 12W LEDs. I'm going to have to clean the glass and get out the real cam when I do that!

Well, I guess I've done something right as I'm watching my Glossolepis wanamensis make spawning passes!

• 4 weeks later...

Here's the tank after a few trades with some members and an order from Spencer Jack.

FTS

DSCN0097_zps7f63cb01.jpg

Center

DSCN0098_zpsd5b94e09.jpg

Left

DSCN0099_zps0e75a315.jpg

Right

DSCN0100_zpsaa88c967.jpg

When I get back from vacation, I'm going to have to move the 'Bows out to breeding tanks b/c ALL of them are spawning!