What Is Your Dream Tank Or Set Up?

Maybe its the season or the stress there of lol, but I found myself taking pencil to paper and designing my dream set up of an open concept main floor where at shoulder height there would be 15 gallon long tanks put end to end all around the outside walls like a ring with a secondary ring just below , and every tank would house 10 of every kind of corydoras in its own species tank with at least 3 hillstream loaches/ Burmese border loaches, different kinds of shrimp and a built in to the walls/plumbing constant drip/drain system to eradicate water changes, lovely white sand alternating with black, java fern, crypts, and both large and dwarf chain sword plants, terra cotta pots interspersed with granite and slate caves, and some rosewood driftwood all creating a feast for the senses. Doubt the hubby will let me do it but its nice to dream, whats your fantasy set up?

I have never pulled out a pencil, but I have often thought about shallow tanks with huge footprints for Apisto's, plecos, and a monster Tanganyikan tank. So large that I could have different kinds of terrains, open water, rocky etc....some day, just need a bigger basement.......

I can't seem to locate a picture of it, but there was an article that I read once about this massive planted fish tank in a millionaire's house. It had Anubis that were 4ft big, 100 altum angels in it, just as many discus, and tonnes of tetras. It was floor to ceiling and took up the whole wall. SO amazing!

For now, I am satisfied with my 180g planted.

When my wife and I were looking at houses we went into one home where the owners were very fish friendly. They had a custom built tank that had to have been 12'x2'x3' full of Arawana, Gar, baby rays, and a mulitude of other expensive fish. Very well kept and was being sold with the house. I have ot admit it was extremely tempting to try and sway my wife on the house :)

But for my dream tank I always wanted to have I shallow tank that wrapped around the basement (set into the wall) around 4-5' off the floor with a massive community friendly fish component, with of course lots of rocky shelves and plants. But I'd also like to have a 'back hallway' behind the tank to allow access to the necessary plumbing.

Ah to have money....

...But for my dream tank I always wanted to have I shallow tank that wrapped around the basement (set into the wall) around 4-5' off the floor with a massive community friendly fish component, with of course lots of rocky shelves and plants. But I'd also like to have a 'back hallway' behind the tank to allow access to the necessary plumbing.

Ah to have money....

Funny you mention that, I had a 50gal planted tank built into my bedroom wall, with 'great' access from the storage room on the other side. My issue, building it only inches under the ductwork. Doh! I could barely fit my hand in to feed.. Lol oh well live and learn I guess.. Measure twice ;)

When my wife and I were looking at houses we went into one home where the owners were very fish friendly. They had a custom built tank that had to have been 12'x2'x3' full of Arawana, Gar, baby rays, and a mulitude of other expensive fish. Very well kept and was being sold with the house. I have ot admit it was extremely tempting to try and sway my wife on the house :)

But for my dream tank I always wanted to have I shallow tank that wrapped around the basement (set into the wall) around 4-5' off the floor with a massive community friendly fish component, with of course lots of rocky shelves and plants. But I'd also like to have a 'back hallway' behind the tank to allow access to the necessary plumbing.

Ah to have money....

I would like to have something similar but instead of community fish it would be a native bio-type with rainbow trout of course.

Come to think about it, if money were no option, I would build a house so that it had an acrylic tunnel leading to an underwater acrylic box in the Amazon, or in lake Tanganyika. Hop in inside of it and site on the couch, and watch the largest boitope around. Or even scuba dive in the tank from time to time if the couch gets boring. lol.

mine would be a gigantic solid i piece wrap around like a huge homer doughnut, with stairs going up from below in the middle so u could stand in the centre & have a full 360* view, tanks being 3-4 ft. hi, & a 30-50ft diameter & about 3 ft. wide. come on lotto max, come to daddy

mine would be a gigantic solid i piece wrap around like a huge homer doughnut, with stairs going up from below in the middle so u could stand in the centre & have a full 360* view, tanks being 3-4 ft. hi, & a 30-50ft diameter & about 3 ft. wide. come on lotto max, come to daddy

It's not quite the same but Pisces has one (or had one) as you enter the store. It was all square but you could pop your head up inside the center of it. Seemed more geared for kids though since it was kinda short..lol.

Oh I like the center couch idea, perfect way to escape and read! And dear lord I want to live at that aquarium! So peaceful, how can those people just snap a pic and move on....

Edited by SuperGuppyGirl

My dream tank would be floor to ceiling in the basement and would be a pond on the main floor, probably in the 50,000 to 100,000 gallon range.

or, if Bill Gates left everything to me.

Mezmerizing! I could feel my blood pressure decrease by the minute! Thank you for posting that.

man oh man i would love that job, can u imagine scuba diving in that tank, everyday, & getting paid for it to boot, i would do it on a volunteer basis, just to have the opportunity, so someone buy this tank & hire me asap, come on people, hurry,