So, After my filter on my ebi went sideways I decided to start again!

My husband bought a Mr.Aqua 12 gallon long in San Diego It lasted in our house about 3 minutes before I jacked it for my new project.

I aquascaped this tank using only bits and pieces lying around the house. I multipurposed it by moving all of my husbands (blink) cherry shrimp out of his 30 gallon when he changed into the Solana. I decided to go with a soft semi blackwater biotope to make my little fishies happy.

Equipment:

3 bags of black sand substrate

8 peices of random driftwood

1 piece of mopani

aquaclear 30

12 gallon long

random heater.

2 large blue LED strips I had left over from a previous project

Desk lamp.

My goal with lighting is to drill 3 spotlights underneath the counter where it's housed. My goal for filtration is to drill a hole in the counter and run all the electrical and my canister filter down into under the counter. This isn't a journal because I have already finished my project except for those 2 things.

Stock list:

15 red microraspbora boraras maculatus

6 microrasbora kubotai (neon green/yellow rasboras)

3 Garra flavatra (Panda Garra)

70 Neocaridina heteropoda (Cherry shrimp)

2 Caridina multidentata (Amano shrimps)

1.1 Betta Splendens crowntail

random crypt and sword plants and some subwassertang that mysteriously appeared one day.

The Bettas do not eat the shrimp.

Here is a link to the flickr to keep me from adding 2 gazillion photos

Thoughts,Suggestions, extra microrasboras welcome.

Edited by Aysha

it's pretty quiet but the way I have the filter set up it does move the water around enough for my small fish. I may add a powerhead in the future or hide a sponge filter. With the fish and plants I've got in it the AC30 seems to do the job. AC can import the mr.aqua for you. It's marked up accordingly (If I tell you what they cost in San Diego you'll be mad) but they can do it for less then the cost of a Fluval edge.

it's pretty quiet but the way I have the filter set up it does move the water around enough for my small fish. I may add a powerhead in the future or hide a sponge filter. With the fish and plants I've got in it the AC30 seems to do the job. AC can import the mr.aqua for you. It's marked up accordingly (If I tell you what they cost in San Diego you'll be mad) but they can do it for less then the cost of a Fluval edge.

Thanks a bunch for the info :) I'll surely look into it in the future.