Pleco Tank And Their Roomates

cjerrom

I will start with the pics first as I could only upload three due to their size. Any help with this process as I would like to have uploaded 10 more 500Kb but they were too large?

L-330 - He is my tank master at over 12.5" - there are some large L-191/190's as well that he likes to push around as well as my Blue Eyed Pleco (P.Suttoni) which is 10.5"

L-200 - Green Phantom new addition (group of 5)

LDA-31 - 4"-5" - Mustard Plecos - (group of 5)

I will post more but you can see there are also Bleeding Heart Tetras, Red Tail Hemiodus, Congo's, and many Eartheaters from Suramenis, Jurapari, and a few odd ball varieties.

Plecos are really my thing and I have to probably get another tank soon as I have filled this 300 gallon to capacity with fish.

Landscape - to large 48" pieces with natural gravel - looks yellow in the pictures but its natural brown

Filtration - two FX5 filters that have to be cleaned weekly - seriously the plecos clog these filters up (2hr clean up)

Water changes - 25% weekly - cannot be missed!

UV Sterilizer - 18W Turbo Twist keeps the tank water clear

Tank is kept at 27 C with one 300water Inline (Hydor) and Two older style 300watt Jager Heaters before they went high tech! as back up

Two powerheads to circulate and two air pumps to keep the water aerated to its maximum - Plecos love oxygen!

Lights are LED's with night time blue lights for moonlight glow - don't really know why I have this as I am not at the office at night!

Feeding daily - four ,med Zucchini's - sliced and attached with elastic bands, one yam sliced, kale and Spinach anchored to stones and algae wafers. Looking forward to trying the Repashy food shortly for the rave reviews I see on CanadaPleco.

Other plecos with no pics yet:

LDA19- Mega clown pleco (10 @ 2.5")

L91- Three Beacon Pleco (1@ 3")

L007- Galaxias- babies (3@2.5")

L128- Blue Phantom (5 @ 3")

L200- Green Phantom (6@ 2.5-3")

L201- Inspector Pleco (4@2")

P.Suttoni - Large Blue Eyed Pleco (10.5")

L127- Wood Pleco (8@4") - mistakenly ordered these thinking they were 129's!! Not very pretty but sure eat a lot of plant material!

CHeck the pinned topic in the photography forum on how to use Photobucket - post full size pics w/o any limit! I want to see these PLECS!

http://s1301.beta.photobucket.com/user/cjerrom/library/Fish%20Tanks%20-%20Plecos%20and%20their%20roomates?evt=email_share

Here is the list to the Photobucket. I have about 10 more to upload as the L91, L007's, Golden Nugget and Mango Pleco's come out to eat. As I cleaned out the two FX5 filters again this week I realize one thing I need to sell off some of these plecos as they have really put a strain on my filters. After a week of eating 5-6 large zucchinis, 2-4 yams and a bag full of Spinach/Kale they pump a lot of waste out. It was not this bad three months ago but the big 191/330 and LDA-31's have really grown a lot (supposed to be slow growers!!) and as a result have pumped out a lot of wastes! I moved some of them to my 90 gallon planted tank and have seen that filter really bog down as well in only a week! Oh well my passion has to have limits and I have another batch of L190, L239's and L24/25's coming in so I must sell some of these off. Even the tetras (60 Bleeding Hearts, 80 Red Tail Hemiodus and Geophagus) are game at this point, I think that I will just add another FX5 to help out but getting some of these big fish out will definitely help.