Corydoras Compatible Species

AJanzen

So, getting a little tired of my 75 gallon tropical community tank and wanting to take it in a different direction. Right now it's stocked with 4 corydoras species, kuhli loaches, a mega clown pleco, rubbernose pleco, hatchet fish, and various guppies, swordtails, and platies. The only ones I'm attached to in there right now are the corys, the loaches and the plecos. Wondering if these guys would be able to handle the cold water change outs needed to spur the corys to spawn. If not, what fish out there are benign and could handle the cold water change outs? Want to completely revamp the tank around the corys so if someone else has gotta go then so be it. Would like to keep the kuhli's though, they're pretty fun to watch.

Depends on how cold is your "cold" water change and how big is the change. The general rule - resulting temperature in the tank should not go below the lower limit for your species and the change should be gradual (as it normally is with water change).

Hmmm... plecos and loaches breeding as well hey? Would you guys recommend dividers when breeding or just let everyone go buck wild? I also wouldn't mind keeping my hatchet fish. Don't think they'd bother any fry as they almost never leave the top 5 inches of the aquarium. They should also be able to handle a slightly colder water change out as they are from the same area as many corys, no? I wouldn't do extremely harsh cold water change outs, probably 20% at 10C cooler than the aquarium water. Thinking that shouldn't lower the temp too drastically for a 75 gallon, also should I be maintaining my water temp a little higher? I am currently sitting at room temperature (24C steady in this household).