My Enantiopus Sp. Kilesa Is Holding.....about Time

Jayba

So as the topic says, my enantioous are finally breeding. It took forever! Had them for a long time, they were 1/2 inch when I got them. Pretty excited. These guys are awesome! Expensive but awesome. Hope momma does ok with her first batch. We shall see

I had seven 1.5 - 2 inches from Spence rJack. Grew them to adults and over 12 months had 9 spawns from 4-20 fry with 10 being the average.

Fry survival rate was lower tahn with Malawis. The fry did best when started on live brine shrimp. I sold most of the fry at one inch for $8-$10 a piece.

Eventually they stopped breeding and the adults died too. I'd try them again. They are a neat fish.

Wow, never seen these guys before, had to google it to see what they were. Awesome looking fish, best of luck!

They are neat characters. Peaceful, attentive to people in the room. They sit on the bottom like gobies and sift sand looking for food.

They aren't something you see in stores ever. They now sell for 24 bucks each for a little 1.25 inch fish. I just about had a stroke when I saw what I got for a small fortune, plus shipping. Finding them locally was impossible. They will only breed for about 3 years, so if you wait too long to breed the opportunity passes by.

• 2 weeks later...

They are an amazing fish. I kept and bred several colonies of them out east. As was mentioned, the males stay fertile for only afew years, and then stop breeding, so you'll need to import some new stock occasionally. New mothers are not good at keeping their fry, and will often spit early when food is offered. I usually stripped after 15 days and reared the fry in a tumbler till the yolks disappeared. I've had clutches of over 75 fry! Baby brine works well, but also various smaller white worms. They do need a large area of sand to build their nest, butnwatchingnthe male display his colours while breeding is spectacular. Probably one of the most colourful Tangs.

Good luck!