Having Difficulty Signing Out

nancyr

I can't figure out what I am doing wrong, after signing in, and checking the site, when I go to 'sign out' the usual process happens, my name is deleted from the members on line at the bottom and then I exit the data base. However later when I return to the site, I find I am still signed on. I have tried repeatedly to sign out and can't seem to accomplish this. I am posting this message after having signed out, left the site for a while and then returned to find I am still signed in.

Thanks for any advice.

Nancy

You may have checked the box that says something like 'Automatically sign in' when you signed in the first time. Your computer will recognize the site and automatically log you on when you visit. It's a hang little thing that many sites have to save you a step.

If you don't want this, I would log out, the. Go to the log in page without leaving the site. It should have your username and password already filled out with the little box checked. Just uncheck the box and everything should go the way you want.

Hi Jason, this is great, I must have inadvertently ticked the box as until a while ago I always had to sign in. The way it now is is perfect. Thanks.

Nancy