Is This Tank Sick? - New Pictures Added March 18, 2013

flash_oesc

It's tough figuring stuff out. Google is essentially useless, and when you do everything you think you should, and it doesn't fix it...it leaves you lost. I'm on day three of Stressguard treatment along with the Salt that is in the tank...no improvement. This is now day 10ish of salt in the tank.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hate when that happens, I had an angelfish that spent most of its life in my QT because he would get white pimples all over. He was the only one out of my 6 that would get it. Think I would have it fixed after 6 weeks and he would be good for 2 weeks and bam back again. Couldn't figure it out, but the one time I decided to just QT without meds, the pimples popped leaving nasty lesions all over his body. I ended up just euthanizing him , seemed the most humane thing to do. Hopefully you will have better luck.

No. he's still got 2 cloudy eyes, one that looks like it's peeling, one corner of his mouth looks like I could peel a layer off, he's got white markings on some of his fins, and black gills...

I don't think any other fish are showing symptoms. (one indian glass fish had a white 'slime' on his side, but I think it's gone...)

Sorry, it has me stumped.

I never had any luck with the painted skirt tetras - they didn't like my hard water. They never lived longer than 8 months in my tanks, I gave up after the 3rd attempt. My guppies bred like rabbits, and I could never keep the painted skirt tetras alive (although the natural black skirt tetras lived over 2 years).

I used to have a medication that worked wonders on popeye and fungus, I will have to see if I can find the bottle...

I've had these fish now for almost 2 years. I bought 4, one was eaten with an hour of adding by the lobster, but the others have all thrived. This one had a weird eye since the day we got him, but it's gotten worse and worse...the flaking and black gills are new though. I feel bad for the little guy, but he's active, eating and everything...I'm just nervous about him infecting the tank, but at this point, contagious or not, it's too late to change it.

Now I see the black gills, it looks like something is wrong with his gills and infection, or swelling, is spreading to his eyes.

I believe the blue and pink skirt are injected with dye, maybe this guy has an ongoing reaction to the dye? Or some non-contagious pathogen snuck in while his immune system was down at one point?

If none of the other fish have caught it after 2 years, I doubt it is contagious. It could possibly be a birth defect.

The fungus medication I was talking about was called Kanaplex, I got it from Gobstock.com, although I think Big Al's may carry it. Although I don't think it will help your blue skirt at this point...

Did the other fish lose the white stuff on their fins? It may help with that.