Leds Or T5S For Planted Tank?

hooper

2 watts per LED, 9 LED's on each strip, 3 strips total (less 3 LED's that are red on the colourmax strip) so 48 watts total. Is that gonna work? I can bring the colourmax back and get another white strip which would bring me up to 54 watts. I think it looks pretty good. I'm fighting an aglae bloom from lack of proper lighting, but I'll take a pic in the morn. Not sure what FTS is? (sorry, still a newb to all this)

Edited by SilverWolf

Has anyone seen the kessil line of leds? I saw the a350w on a saltwater setup and was blowen away! Really its impossible to explain the amount of light that can come from such a small focal point. I'm sure they don't use them for car headlights because they would cause accidents! They make one for freshwater called an amazon sun and its seems to make a big difference to plant growth, but it's really expensive and you have to have the right kind of tank set up.

• 4 months later...

I really like the Aqueon light strips. I have a 48" with 3 day white lamps on my 120 tank and a 2 lamp t5 glo hood and the leds make the tank light up so much more than the glo t5 do. Also the moon lighting accents are great for night viewing. good choice if you ask me. I also bought mine from tanks a lot.