90 Gallon, New Tank - New Journal

blink

There have been some big changes in the blink household... my wife gave up her salt tank to go back to school and I somehow ended up with a sumped 90 gallon freshie in the kitchen.

I was supposed to start journaling this from the beginning but I'll admit, I kinda forgot to bug wifey to take pictures and I didn't want to while resealing the tank so I'll take some fresh shots and show it filled and running.

Right now the tank is in early days with just a few Spotted Raphael cats, a female Betta (Aka: b*tchface McNasty) and 5 Skull Creek rainbows (thanks Ric and Geleen!) but I'm planning to get some Roseline barbs soon.

The plants are a jumble, I've got whatever struck my fancy in there and they're scattered all about, as things grow in and begin to settle I'm sure it will change but I want to give the green things a chance to get established and see what actually likes me and what turns into a rotting pile of brown leaves. There are a couple real nice pieces of bog wood in there and they've FINALLY decided to stop floating although one piece is still being kind of annoying.

I'm not sure if I'll go CO2 on this, with the open sump I expect I'll go through more gas than a Wisconsin football fan but who knows, maybe I'll seal it up and give a try.