40 Gallon Breeder Oebt Tank

Ron

I was using my 40 gallon breeder to get my Imperial Flower loaches switched to pellets before they went into my stock tank, today was the day they got moved. So now I had a tank that was originally was planned for PRL but I changed my mind since I'll be doing an 80 gallon TB tank, I can't afford to stock both. So I decided to set the tank up for my OEBTs which have been breeding well for me.

I didn't snap any pics of me cleaning the tank, who would want to see that. So here is the tank cleaned and my additives are spread before my substrate.

40GallonOEBT1_zps65beb0b4.jpg

There is ADA Bacter 100, Ebiken Ei, Ebiken Kou Jin and some Ebiken Han for good measure.

40GallonOEBT2_zps780249da.jpg

Since I don't need an active soil for OEBTs, I used Hagen Black Beach gravel.

40GallonOEBT3_zps5e32ca2d.jpg

Time to fill it up.

40GallonOEBT4_zps53c1ff6d.jpg

I used a mix of RO and RO/DI water to fill the tank so I brought up the TDS with Kent RO Right and Nutrifin African Cichlid Conditioner. I then added some driftwood with attached plants.

40GallonOEBT5_zps10ba8609.jpg

I then added some breeding tubes and here is a pic after the water cleared up.

40GallonOEBT6_zpsbe35eaad.jpg

So I will probably let everything stabilize over night and move the shrimp tomorrow. Thanks for looking.

Ron

Edited by Ron

Ooooh...looks nice!!!

Very good looking. The shrimp tubes set up in that manner with the bright green plants behind remind me of a set of cabins near Revelstoke.

Thanks.

I scooped out 36 of my nicer OEBTs, acclimatized them and added them to my new tank.

40GallonOEBT7_zpsfd61d685.jpg

I also added 6 CPO, they better keep their little orange claws off the OEBTs....LOL.

Ron

Edited by Ron

Well the CPO experiment didn't last long, I saw that the tail of one of my BTOE was nearly completely snipped off. I'll have some more colour soon as I'll be adding my Bloody Mary shrimp to this tank.