A New Adventure.

octopusfilled

I'm starting out on my own, for the first time. I've had aquariums that were supervised and controlled by parents before, but now I'm working on my own set up. Recently purchased a used 40 gallon all-in-one tank, and have absolutely no idea where to start with it, other than replacing the lights. Other than that, I have a heavily planted tank with a few fish and inverts.

My favorite experiences might relate to the kind, informative, and passionate people that I've been able to meet in my quest for freshwater plants/fish/equipment.

Excited to learn!

cainechow - It started out with an octopus-related gamertag I've had for a few years. Most other usernames have some sort of.. Cephalopod-type reference, but I like your interpretation much better than my boring back story!

okotoks - Woah! Five.. Large tanks, or an assortment of sizes? I have a few little ember tetras, guitarritas, and two wonderfully fabulous bettas.. Though they are in separate homes. My favorite might be the vampire shrimp, even though he isn't exactly a fish.. :)

Welcome to AA! I started with a small tank and one betta and ended up getting just a few more tanks...

Just a few the man says... It's never really just a few is it? :) I some how ended up with 7 and it has only been a year and a half.