Shrimp Feeding Dish: Just An Excuse To Cut And Silicone Glass :)

cainechow

I added substrate to my shrimp tank because the bottom was too reflective bare bottom and wanted a feeding dish. So time to break out the glass cutter and silicone.

IMG_20130514_151952.jpg

Eat, my pretties! (too bad the cell phone doesn't pickup the icy blue)

IMG_20130514_161243.jpg

on a side note; if you dont like the Bare bottom look, flip the tank over and spray paint the bottom. I personally like to use a light brown paint with a textured finish to it. It looks like a clay river bottom yet is Bare bottom.

Edited by cullymoto

on a side note; if you dont like the Bare bottom look, flip the tank over and spray paint the bottom. I personally like to use a light brown paint with a textured finish to it. It looks like a clay river bottom yet is Bare bottom.

That's a really simple yet clever idea that honestly never occurred to me. Fantastic!

Nice Caine! I am too lazy and lack the talent, I think I will stick to the Ebiten ones :D.

If you want non reflective bare bottom, I would have a place like Bow Valley make custom tanks with frosted glass.

Edited by Ron