Melanotaenia Sexlineata " Tabubil "

Rainbowric

Melanotaenia sexlineata is another dwarf Rainbowfish similar in size at to that of the M. parva, not much more then 3 inches. It is a very rare Rainbowfish and I believe that I may be the only person in Alberta at this time to have them in their collection. There may still be some in Regina. There were two collections of them back in the early part of 2000, one from Kiunga and the other from Tabubil. The photo's that I am displaying are fish from Tabubil.

Melanotaenia sexlineata "Tabubil"

M_sexlineata_zps2dfe007f.jpg

Cute name for them as the males often show red coloured lips giving the appearance that they are wearing lipstick. Most people call them sexies!

M_sexlineata_a_zps1bdae07e.jpg

Females are a subdued version of the male with lesser-defined markings. Also note the shorter fins on the female.

Female M. sexlineata "Tabubil"

M_sexlineata_b_zps2120d9ff.jpg

Hope you have enjoyed these pics ....

Regards

Ric

--------------------------------
"Melanotaenia boesemani from Lake Aytinjo"

M_boes_Aytinjo_t.jpg

The Aytinjo variant does have stronger colours!

Edited by Rainbowric

I think they are even nicer than these photos show!

I have to agree with you Barb, don't have a nice adult to take a picture of with my new camera, so I had to use one of my old shots. There is not many pictures out there that do this fish justice!

Here is one I got one from Gary that shows his sexy group and all there bright red lips. :)

Mel_sexlineata_Tabubil_1280_8325_zps5d66

Me too, they make me feel sexy :cry:

They are a gorgeous little fish and those lips....... still waiting for some babies Rick.

hmmm if they make you feel sexy John ... I will indeed have to get you some! :)

Bringing back sexy! Great looking fish Rick!

Thanks Jay.

Best regards

Ric