Empty 20 G

flyfisher

So I have gotten tired of looking at a empty 20 g every time I go into the fish room was wondering if GBR and Rummynose would be happy in this size tank.It will be med.planted with swords, apons & Java ferns.Would a trio of GBR and six Rummynose work maybe a Longfin Albino Bristtlenose for clean up duties.Thoughts

OK a even dozen sounds good to me thanks.I may have to cut back on the amount of driftwood I was planning to use to give the Rummynose some swimming room.

I agree - 12 rummynose with a trio of rams and a BN would be about perfect. If you find a source of rummynose that are small and cheap, you could start with 2 dozen and thin them out as they grow. Go with as much filtration as possible (canister, HMF) and you won't have to worry about bioload - it'll just be space that'll restrict the size of school you can keep.

Thanks finding small juvie rummynose is not a problem but finding them cheap is a whole other story LOL.Filtration is always over the top in my tanks will probably be using 2 x canisters ( Eheim 2211 or Fluvals 106) .

Talk to fairdeal or cjerrom to see what deals they can get. Gonna be considerably cheaper than LFS. Although, there have been times I've been able to negotiate a huge savings by buying an entire tank of tetras - if the Manager sees an oportunity to save on culls/deaths/feed, they may be willing to give you quite the bargain.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a few rams if you wanted them plus they're wild caught gbrs.

Thank you very much for the offer I may take advantage, but I have been told to complete some other renovations in the house before I'm allowed to play with the fish room.I think buying two more 20g may having been pushing my luck so now have three empty tanks.