Wow, My First Baby Rays

koietc

hi, i'm new to the forum but have been in touch with a few of you in the last couple months. I purchased 3 nice rays from Darren at monster fish bowl & at the time he said that one may be bred already. well it may have been true, 99 days after delivery I have my first baby rays. what a rush!! I want to thank everybody that I have pestered for info & will continue to ask for advice. the father is pearlx motoro, the mother is an unknown light colored motoro hybrid & all (12) little guys are awesome & unique. yes, (12) 4" little wonders. stingrays are a great experience to have & I will remember this morning for a long time. pics to follow.

I think I just found out why my adult rays are all messed up with their habits. back in picture one was my 2 females the lighter colored one had the 12 pups & I was thinking the dark one was soon. well, 9 more pups this evening. I hope after all this excitement my adults will settle back into their fun & interactive habits. Darren from monster fish bowl, look what you started. ha, ha, ha

ouch, lost one little guy & can't figure out what the problem was. now i'm back to the not eating thing. these little guys are a lot more stress & worry than I anticipated. right now everything looks great but they just won't eat & it's day eleven for the first batch. I hope they won't starve themselves to death??? the one casualty seemed plump & had no visible problems.

I have been keeping a close eye on the water conditions & the filtration system is keeping up easy. I use the same system to keep (20) 14" koi in an 800 gallon tub. my whole concern is the feeding. dividing them up might be a good idea just to have a few separate trial conditions. thanks for the suggestion. all ideas are welcome.

hey, finally something worked. mixing halved live earthworms with blood worms gets them eating. remove the moving worms & they lose interest. I've got them to eat eagerly 3 times in arrow with this trick. hope it keeps working. things are looking up. thanks for the lead t-man, i might just try the other forum also. no such thing as too much info.